Titan Sold Out Till Sept 08

hear ! hear! bad berrys the vendor & unruly riders who promote that kind of activity, hey guess what? there are a lot of us here who take our motoredbikeing very seriously! its not a toy, FOLLOW THE LAW !

Yes... My point being was that..

The 3:1 gear box is so tall that it can only be used with a 55T or larger. I have found that the 55T is about as large as you can place on most bikes and not have it hit the frame. 5:1 gear box is the far better choice and that is the line I am going after. The 3:1 box is way tall and puts too much wear on the auto clutch. You would be putting in a new clutch every 500 miles. So.. The work continues. Thanks..Enjoy the ride..

Dax, just to add to the chorus, I'd also be interested in an in-frame kit for all the reasons already mentioned, but most notably having the ability to use my rear rack.

hear ! hear! bad berrys the vendor & unruly riders who promote that kind of activity, hey guess what? there are a lot of us here who take our motoredbikeing very seriously! its not a toy, FOLLOW THE LAW !

Then everyone with a HT engine larger than 50cc is in violation of the law.

Technically....

Technically, since a port valving 2 stroke does not compress any volume until the piston comes up high enough to cover the ports. So.. If you have a Good times GT motor also known as HT motors in some circles, this is technically how you would measure displacement. You would measure the stroke at the point at which the piston covers all the intake and exhaust ports. Only then would the cylinder be able to hold and contain any liquid and then this liquid could be poured out into a graduated cylinder and displacement measured. This is actual displacement measured. And.. If you take your Typical GT motor and once the piston has come up and closed the ports, you would then make your volume measurement. For most GT motors, this measurement would come up at 50cc or less. I am guessing anywhere from 33cc to almost 50cc. A least from my measurements.

A four stroke or 2 stroke with overhead valves would have valves that typically close within a few degrees of BDC. Thus an engine with over head valves would mean the total length of the stroke would be the total stroke measured within 2-4 degrees . Pretty much the total stroke. Keep in mind there are 2 strokes that use Exhaust valves and intake valves that also increase displacement. But our GT motors have none, only the Piston. Enjoy the ride...

Last edited by a moderator:
Being that I use the bike trails often,a frame mount for me to the eyes of others makes the bike look very close to a motorcycle.
It does balance out the bike a great deal,but for the bike trails I'm actually more accepted (not just feel more accepted,but really am more accepted) when I ride my titan kit.
So my opinion,I would love to see an improved frame mount,but my rack mount makes my bike look more like an engine assist bicycle and less like a motorcycle.
At least when I'm approaching roadies,they cannot tell my rack mount is engine assisted.

This is true..

This is a good point. I too have noticed the acceptance as well. I was wondering at times if it was because the engine can be so quiet that they just do not hear me. I really need to get a bell. Or..Or... That they just are plain more accepted. Once I get the frame version going, I guess I will find out. Enjoy the ride...

HI All,

Since it was mentioned earlier, FWIW a 56T sprocket is about 9.25 inches tooth to tooth....It really is pretty big! (in comparison a 34T is about 5.75 inches) Didn't have stock 44T around so no idea how big that is...
Andrew

I'm curious to see what you come up with Duane. My preferences of rack vs frame mount come into play when I want a full suspension bike. I don't mind leaning the bike over to stick my leg over the frame.
I built a Happy Time/Jaguar for a short guy with short legs and he has to walk up behind the bike to get on.
My over all reason for loving my Titan rack mount is the reliability and ease of install. I have not had to tinker with it one bit except to move it back an inch, it's solid and runs great. I'm happy to be one of the first experimental riders with the Titan.

Back