Titan XC Engine with Staton 18.75:1 Gearbox

newzeey

Local time
1:54 AM
Does anyone know if the Staton 18.75:1 gearbox will fit the Titan XC engine sold by Thats Dax?

Does anyone know if the Staton 18.75:1 gearbox will fit the Titan XC engine sold by Thats Dax?

I don't know from actual first hand experience but I believe it will. The mount around the clutch of the Titan is the same as the mount of the various smaller cc 2-strokes that come with the larger clutch and the Subaru/Robin 35cc 4-Stroke. If you look closely at the photos of the Titan without the PTO/reduction gearbox attached you will also notice that the engine case partially shrouds the clutch just like the the mounts of the motors already mentioned.

ocscully

I know the staton gearbox needs a special adapter to fit the honda 50 engine. I have no idea about the titan but I would assume it's different spacing than the mits43 or robin35. Get the exact spacing and threading from dax if possible and ask staton yourself. It's the only way to know for sure.

I know the staton gearbox needs a special adapter to fit the honda 50 engine. I have no idea about the titan but I would assume it's different spacing than the mits43 or robin35. Get the exact spacing and threading from dax if possible and ask staton yourself. It's the only way to know for sure.

Yes the Honda does require the Staton adapter but the Titan mount location is different. The adapter is essentially built in. The Dax PTO is essentially the same type of reduction gearbox that fits the various pocket bike motors and bolts directly to the Titan no spacer/adapter required. If you wanted to mount the Dax PTO to a honda, you could buy the Staton adapter and then the dax unit would bolt up. Below is a photo of the backview of the Titan compare it to the view of the Mitsubishi at the staton site here http://www.staton-inc.com/Details.asp?ProductID=3184 or to the Subaru/Robin here http://www.staton-inc.com/Details.asp?ProductID=3264

ocscully

Attachments

• MVC-007L5-378x276.jpg
    MVC-007L5-378x276.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 545
Back