TLE43 upgrades/power adders.

.......I run a friction drive, so I don't have the spoke issue. Since I have got my tension down PERFECT I have at least a hundred miles on my current tire, an Oddyssey Frequency G 20x1.75... We're talking apples and oranges! All of these kits/systems require some tinkering......

Sounds like you have a decent rim.

My 43cc mit spent most of it's life (3 of 4 seasons) on a sport street pimped friction drive bike. In effort to economize the tire eating thing I got a heavy duty rim. That made the bike faster and I would get a solid 900 -1100 miles from a tire. Before that it was more like 400 - 700 miles per tire, with the best friction drive compatible tire.

About tension, correct my if I wrong but I assume you mean the the gap between the drive roller and the tire. A tricky thing. Get used to adjusting it.

Last edited:
Actually it's locked, I need to upload pics... I have a DE system, took out the springs and have it rigid on the bike... Odd, but works, let me know if you want pics.

I have my own bike issues to deal with having been liberated from the friction drive and can now concentrate my efforts on breaking the motorized bike speed barrier.

But if you want to send some pictures of your setup I will be glad to offer my humble analysis of your De setup.

I have my own bike issues to deal with having been liberated from the friction drive and can now concentrate my efforts on breaking the motorized bike speed barrier.

But if you want to send some pictures of your setup I will be glad to offer my humble analysis of your De setup.

Sure, anything helps, I'm guessing you run GEBE now?

Jahmez20,

I also have a Mitsu SLE 43cc engine/friction drive on my cruiser.

I just took my ADA-1 goped pipe(the circular one) off my pocket bike engine/Staton gearbox and mounted it onto my 43cc engine!

The entire operation took about an hour. I did have to saw off the mounting bracket, and now the pipe tucks neatly into the bike's centerline. The long exhaust studs were replaced with shorter bolts.The plastic exhaust panel bolted on after removing 3 slats for the pipe's exit.

I'm motoring downhill to McD's for breakfast. I'll know when I return if there's a power increase. The uphill climb pushes my bike past its limitations, and I normally have to pedal-assist towards the top.

I believe I have a governor, which I'll replace after the engine breaks in.

5-7

Last edited by a moderator:
Sweet, let me know. I am cautious with messing with the carb because it makes the motor EPA approved, but then again putting a different exhaust can make your motor run lean if you haven't put a bigger jet in your carb.. Let me know what your results are!

I was wondering, what kind of a top speed do you get with your GEBE setup on the flat?

The Wasp

I don't have speedo yet. I found a sweet one one at wallymart but it did not work with shock forks. A bummer; it was wireless, back lit and had an accurate thermometer.

So I can only compare to how fast it went when it did have a speedo back in the friction drive days. At its best it would go about 37mph back then. It's doing at least 40mph+ now. And gets there quick. Now I can ride center lane on major thoroughfares and keep pace with traffic. The spoke binding on the rear tire added 4-5 mph easy. If I spoke bind the front rim it would probably kick it up another 2-3 mph.

Last edited:
Sweet, let me know. I am cautious with messing with the carb because it makes the motor EPA approved, but then again putting a different exhaust can make your motor run lean if you haven't put a bigger jet in your carb.. Let me know what your results are!

I would not bug about maintaining your EPA cert. At over 100 per gallon, you could be running on radioactive Russian after-market diesel sludge and still be the cleanest vehicle on the road on the miles per pollution scale.

Back