To make a company or not to make a company

Hey there people of the internet I have a question to ask. I am ready to build a motorized bike but my problem is that I have to earn some money so I can build one. Due to the fact I have no support from parents (i'm 16). I thought it would be great if I make a business out of it and just built and sell bikes so I can earn myself enough money to build my own for myself. As I estimated I would be asking for 995 dollars per bike because I am going to sell it with a 4 stroke engine, a boost bottle, and wheels dedicated for motorized bikes. What I can also offer is to build a bike upon your preference and request and give you an estimation of how much it would cost to build and how much time it would take to build.

One other thing unless you are 18 or older you are unable to legale sigh anything.
Yeah my parents would have to help me with that and why the bike is 900 dollars is because I'm choosing all quilty parts to ensure longevity and I don't really have an option with building bikes with money out of my pockets cause I don't have money in my pockets.

Hey there people of the internet I have a question to ask. I am ready to build a motorized bike but my problem is that I have to earn some money so I can build one. Due to the fact I have no support from parents (i'm 16). I thought it would be great if I make a business out of it and just built and sell bikes so I can earn myself enough money to build my own for myself. As I estimated I would be asking for 995 dollars per bike because I am going to sell it with a 4 stroke engine, a boost bottle, and wheels dedicated for motorized bikes. What I can also offer is to build a bike upon your preference and request and give you an estimation of how much it would cost to build and how much time it would take to build.

One other thing do some research as a boost bottle is a wast of money! Being even with a 4 cycle there are people building for way less then a grand. I have seen them for as little as $400 with a 2 cycle and $500 to $600 with a 4 cycle. Only real way to make money is have enough money to become a dealer and get bikes and motor kits at whole sale.

I am not trying to bust your bubble but I wish when I opened my shop I had someone tell me of the ins and outs.

One other thing do some research as a boost bottle is a wast of money! Being even with a 4 cycle there are people building for way less then a grand. I have seen them for as little as $400 with a 2 cycle and $500 to $600 with a 4 cycle. Only real way to make money is have enough money to become a dealer and get bikes and motor kits at whole sale.

I am not trying to bust your bubble but I wish when I opened my shop I had someone tell me of the ins and outs.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B014O...40_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=motorized+bike+wheels

Using these wheels and yes I know I'm going to need to find parts for cheaper and I know everything will be hard to start up.

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
There are places to get these wheel cheaper at retail price. Go for it and hope all works out but how are you going to get up the money to build one for others if you cannot buy the stuff to build yours? Yes some many give a deposit but most will not leave much till they see it running well. I would not leave a dime till I saw your work with a running one. Like I said had my own motorcycle shop for years and if I had it to do over I would work for someone else and leave the headaches to them. Hope all works out for the best for you. Many I ask how old you are? I am 61 all most 62 and damn proud of it as many have not or will not even make it to my age.

It's not only the liability issue but trying to sell a very expensive and pricey MB is hard to get rid of.

If you can get a business out of this congrats but your probably not going to even find someone to sell it too.... I wouldn't buy ANYTHING off of someone who has never built anything before. If I saw some cool products then I might reconsider

There are places to get these wheel cheaper at retail price. Go for it and hope all works out but how are you going to get up the money to build one for others if you cannot buy the stuff to build yours? Yes some many give a deposit but most will not leave much till they see it running well. I would not leave a dime till I saw your work with a running one. Like I said had my own motorcycle shop for years and if I had it to do over I would work for someone else and leave the headaches to them. Hope all works out for the best for you. Many I ask how old you are? I am 61 all most 62 and damn proud of it as many have not or will not even make it to my age.
I'm 16

I recommend talking to some small business owners before you do anything. Ask then what is all involved. At your age I sure would hate for you and your parents to lose every thing y'all own. I am sorry but the fact is there are way too many liabilities do to all the sue happy people out there. When I was your age I was cutting grass, cleaning garages or what ever, washing cars and many other things that there is no where the liability as well as ways to make money. I am sorry the way the world is and do my part to try and change things but until people get off their lazy back side nothing is going to change much but I still do all I can.

I recommend talking to some small business owners before you do anything. Ask then what is all involved. At your age I sure would hate for you and your parents to lose every thing y'all own. I am sorry but the fact is there are way too many liabilities do to all the sue happy people out there. When I was your age I was cutting grass, cleaning garages or what ever, washing cars and many other things that there is no where the liability as well as ways to make money. I am sorry the way the world is and do my part to try and change things but until people get off their lazy back side nothing is going to change much but I still do all I can.
Yeah I agree also do you know any business in Virginia?

No I do not but you need to talk to someone in a small business not somewhere like walmart. I still work on some bikes as I have customers that have been letting me do their work for 30 years and will not let others touch them. But I work at my own pace now as I am retired.

Back