To paint or not to paint....

Wolfie65

Local time
9:03 AM
Project: A Raleigh C40, officially classified as a 'hybrid'
Color: Dark metallic green, kinda ugh
The plan: Torn between going with red - a bright, Ferrari, candy apple type of red, so yes: RED - or...primer grey
Option 1 would certainly be more attractive - one might even say 'sexy' - but could, ipso facto, also attract some unwanted attention, i.e. favela SWAT team and/or thieves.
Option 2 would be able to fly under the radar a li'l better - grey man, yo - but would also be rather drab.
What do you think ?

The plan: Torn between going with red - a bright, Ferrari, candy apple type of red, so yes: RED - or...primer grey
Option 1 would certainly be more attractive - one might even say 'sexy' - but could, ipso facto, also attract some unwanted attention, i.e. favela SWAT team and/or thieves.
Option 2 would be able to fly under the radar a li'l better - grey man, yo - but would also be rather drab.
What do you think ?
Look at it this way, if it's grey, someone might mistake you for the road and drive on you.

really, you want to be seen. Don't be out jacking on a MB. LOL. jk. Seriously though, I ride motorcycles too, I want to be seen. Not because I have a thirst for attention. Simply because I'd rather not be run over.

What do you think ?
Flashy Red is Sexy and Grey is Cool - but clear coat the Grey so it don't look like primer.
I think Grey is a good old fashion color and will look great. Remember Harley Davidson 1911 The Silent Grey Fellow M/C (y)
I really don't think the color of the bike matters. As many new bikes come in Black or Matt Black. (color of the road :LOL:)
If ya want to be seen wear a bright color shirt or a safety vest.
Lights, blinking lights and reflectors always help too

At the end of the day, the only thing that really matters is what the hawt girls think....
And we all know what that is: Lambo or nuthin'
Anyway, the color of the bike doesn't matter when encountering people who simply cannot abide bicycles - motorized or not - on the same road as them. Or those who believe that smaller vehicles must always yield to bigger vehicles (= theirs), no matter the situation.
The bike being the color it is - sludge green - I've thought of a third option: Cthulhu.
Get a can or two of some contrasting shades, like lime, and spray some squiggly tentacle-like lines across the tubes. That would be the easiest, since I wouldn't be doing any sanding, just adding to what's already there.
If this bike ends up doing what I have in mind for it, I'll have no choice but to be as visible as possible

Back