Paint or NO Paint?

• Paint!

• No Paint!

• There is no 3rd choice...

Results are only viewable after voting.

FrizzleFried

Local time
3:11 PM
To paint ... or NOT to paint ... THAT is the question!

:D

I know it's not the best picture... so let me try to describe. Current pain job (factory) is flat black. I would estimate the current paint job NOT factoring in the year and usage at about a 7/10. It's not bad... but it's certainly not "new". One area of concern is that there is a tiny bit of rust I see in certain areas of certain welds...

The bars WILL need some help regardless of what I decide to do with the frame.

Now, we all know that a freshly painted bike frame is only that way until you ride. With that in mind... should I strip and paint the frame/forks? If I do decide to paint... then it'd be time to decide on color... though I am initially leaning toward either flat (more likely) or gloss (less likely) black.

What say YOU?

293439270_5488127111253972_4593699554421144795_n.jpg

One area of concern is that there is a tiny bit of rust I see in certain areas of certain welds...
Whether you paint it or not is entirely up to what you want to do...As far as rusting issues on frame welds???...That needs to be addressed and eradicated so as not to eventually cause the frame to crack, break etc.

I had a bike that was flat black, I ended up just giving it a light coat of multi color metel flake clear, than a few clear coats on top of that. Too much metel flake will turn it grayish

To paint ... or NOT to paint ... THAT is the question!

:D

I know it's not the best picture... so let me try to describe. Current pain job (factory) is flat black. I would estimate the current paint job NOT factoring in the year and usage at about a 7/10. It's not bad... but it's certainly not "new". One area of concern is that there is a tiny bit of rust I see in certain areas of certain welds...

The bars WILL need some help regardless of what I decide to do with the frame.

Now, we all know that a freshly painted bike frame is only that way until you ride. With that in mind... should I strip and paint the frame/forks? If I do decide to paint... then it'd be time to decide on color... though I am initially leaning toward either flat (more likely) or gloss (less likely) black.

What say YOU?

View attachment 178415
Flat Black is the new Chrome :ROFLMAO: It's all the Rage in the New Harley Motorcycle world.

Blacked Out bikes look sinister and have a certain outlaw gangster appeal
But I think guy's are blacking out their Harleys because it's the same color as road grime. :ROFLMAO:
Flat Black don't show the dirt as easily as shiny paint and chrome.
When your bike is the same color as Road Grime ya never have to wash your bike 🤣

Leave it Black so ya can always touch it up easily with black paint.

As ya ride and wrench on your bike you'll soon discover that your gonna scratch it with tools .

Bikes gonna get scratched up if you ride it like it should be. Nothing intentional just by working on it and carrying stuff. I'd leave it flat black, looks good to me, nuff said.

If you paint it check out the Cromacoat style paints, they are the color changing ones. It changes color as you move around the bike. I just finished painting the build im working on and it looks pretty dang cool IMHO. Mine changes from Blue to Purple to Green depending on how you look at it. You just might like them.

If you paint it check out the Cromacoat style paints, they are the color changing ones. It changes color as you move around the bike. I just finished painting the build im working on and it looks pretty dang cool IMHO. Mine changes from Blue to Purple to Green depending on how you look at it. You just might like them.
You gotta post some good pics or better yet a vid showing the colors change.

Show the product with a pic

rainbow-flag-std_3.jpg

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!

Back