To Paint or Not To Paint

Paint or NO Paint?

• Paint!

• No Paint!

• There is no 3rd choice...

Results are only viewable after voting.
...that would be pretty badass.

I do love me some MOPAR.

That said, I am a pretty big Steelers fan...

Tank is black. Wheels are black. How about:

1660188448181.png

Steeler Gold...

:D

Hmmm... the more I think on it... the more I am leaning toward just a bright yellow (it looks closer to Steeler Gold than that crappy "gold" color above)...

Yellow and Black would look nice.

ALSO, I've put in an email to Bicycle-Engines. I've asked them if they have any aftermarket exhausts for the Phantom 85 coming soon. Any "flex fit" option would a big seller IMHO. It would greatly help the Phantom 85 community, that is for sure...

I've actually considered rolling my own. I can get a header for the Phantom off ebay... I can get flexible exhaust tubing... and I can get a muffler for the end. What would be nice though is one with an expansion chamber in-between. Also... anything I try to create will have to use straps vs welding... not optimal.

I really should pick up a cheap-ass flux-welder from harbor freight and get to learning how to weld...

63582_W3.jpg

Yup... actually... that's about where I've landed. Oddly, I've called 2 places... one place quoted $100. The other... $200.

I've decided NOT TO PAINT.

...because I'm gunna take it in and have it powder coated Yellow...
I had a header ceramic coated once, it was a real nice job, doesn't change color like chrome.

So there's a thought for you, have it ceramic coated in gold.

Hmm... that might be an option for the 'galvanized' ... if it works of course (and I don't even need it to work now that I've (just about) decided on the smaller bike, but I digress... since I've already put in the investment, I might as well go all the way and let y'all know how thing's work out.)

Hmm... that might be an option for the 'galvanized' ... if it works of course (and I don't even need it to work now that I've (just about) decided on the smaller bike, but I digress... since I've already put in the investment, I might as well go all the way and let y'all know how thing's work out.)

Ceramic coating is the same as powder coating, same store and all. The only difference is the pigment.

Back