Today's ride.

Wrench

I love to ride, I have M/Cs and M/Bs but no E Bike I'm new to E bikes and know nothing.
What batteries set up do you use to get a 60 mile range? What is your mid drive motor?
I thinking of a 48V-750w mid drive on my bike. Or what ya think will get me that kind of mileage.

Frogslayer

You'll go 50 miles with the 750 watt motor at 15-18mph with a 20ah battery, here's the catch, you're pedaling the entire way which i personally don't find myself doing much. Have you looked at batteries yet wrench? $$$

Frogslayer

NO I haven't looked, Pick me out a good one @ a fair $
Ya mean I have to pedal all the time with a Mid Drive? Now I don't want one.
The Bafang Kit 750W with a 48v 11.6ah bat is $800 and with a 17.5ah bat it's $950 now I think that's way too much $$$
What is a good average Kit? My gal and I would like just to ride around the trails and stuff by the RV parks. Front wheel drive is fine
No no they can have throttle just like @B Bassett 's sweet F'n bike, pedaling can really help extend range and the lower power motor will not let you use that much power (actually it's the controller that does this but whatever) so that will naturally increase range as well.