Today's story

Will'smotobikes19

Local time
5:22 AM
So basically at 10am my old neighbor who lives in a nearby town came on his bike and doing so sheared his crank gear half moon key. He pushed it the rest, his other bike has been sitting for 8 months but he was running it without the washer, spring and nut for the clutch!. Somehow it was still working but he said the clutch was slipping. I wonder why hmm. I fixed it by taking the parts from his green bike and putting them on the old bike's clutch. There was a scrap of metal that was so worn only half of it was there. It was the washer and without the nut and spring it wore it down paper thin. On the stage 3 bikeberry I bought him he claims the seal for the Sprocket side bearing is missing which kinda looks like it-from factory. He's been greasing the crap out of it. Told him I'm trying a 4 stroke he didn't say much except the 2 stroke has twice the HP due to the piston firing every time. Although the HS will go 37mph with a 44 tooth sprocket, I have a 40 tooth. Anyways surprised it was still working with just the flower nut holding the clutch on. Instead of fixing the half moon key or problems he always replies "I just want another stage 3". Idk what to say to it. He doesn't know how to order on ebay so I used to buy him parts.

Last edited:
Results may vary: I get hundreds of miles, if not a couple thousand, before I find a loose bolt usually. I've had over 1500 since I found a loose nut or bolt recently.

Anyways do you guys recommend replacing the 4 stroke exhaust bolts with studs or even drilling to 6mm? when I was testing the motor they vibrated loose. An oval exhaust gasket was supplied instead of the round hole type gasket. If using studs what is best way, green loctite and double-nut?. Looks like 5mm bolts.

Back