Tom

Thanks Tom . I've been looking for a motorized bicycle forum off and on for a few months now. this is the first i've found. how can i post pics or should i email them to you and have u post??
~Haggard~
a brief discription motor mounted approx a foot behind seat , chain coming forward from motor to a spindle that carries both a sprocket and a pulley,v belt going down to 10 inch pulley mounted to wheel. had to double up to get the gearing required for my 49 cc's. top speed just over 50 mph/80 km but they'll cruise 40 mph all day long. way more then i expected but like i said earlier . i work on them 7 days a week to try reach perfection lol. u gotta see this schwinn. paints almost dry. ivory(kind of a creamy coulor ) and dark blue,highrise handlebars ,spring seat, whitewall tires and my motor /tank assembly painted to match.
thanks again for the welcome

Haggard said:
how can i post pics or should i email them to you and have u post??

For now, you should e-mail them to me. I am trying to figure out a way to make it so that anyone can upload pictures. I am afraid that some of the spammers will post inappropriate pictures though...

Hey Tom-

What's your distance from Big Sur?

http://travel.nytimes.com/2007/01/07/travel/7BigSur.html?th&emc=th

As a boyscout our troop 10 did that 70 mile Los Padres hike twice, but I never saw San Simeon or SLO in our few family vacation ventures down to SoCal....

Just wondering if that Hwy would be motor-bike friendly or if the Hollywood crowd blazes around curves at 150 mph in their Maseratis.

Hey all, Dave (wheels) from California central valley ( @80 miles due east of Big Sur). Lasy year for some unknown impulse I collected several old bicycle frames and began reconditioning the frames, basic paint , used parts, new parts what ever works together. Then I saw a bike with an engine, ever since I have been designing and building these bikes in my head, I am now gathering parts and choosing the right frame. This forum has helped immensely to sort trough the myriad issues and complications. I want to build a bike that is reminiscent of the motorized bicycles and early cycles of the last century, but modern and very basic. I don't have much of a budget so it may take me a while. My goal has been on completion of said motorized bicycle to cruise over the Los Padres national forest and down to Big Sur or Vice Versa. Tom, I hope I can buy you lunch at the High St. Deli next time I am in SLOtown.

Dave Crow (wheels)

Good ol' high street deli... Last time I went there, it was so packed, it took about 45 minutes for us to get our sandwiches.

My dad is into bicycling without an engine (he always tells me I don't need an engine on my bike, I always wonder why anyone would say that) and he rode from the East Bay Area to SLO in about 3 days. I guess he took highway 1 for most of the way. He set up a blog about it here:

http://moragatoslo.blogspot.com/

or here:

http://www.crazyguyonabike.com/doc/moraga2slo2006

Yep it can be a busy place, the food is good, I used to stay at the Islay house around the corner when I took a course at Poly.

The journal from your fathers trip was interesting, looks like it was fun, traveling light, did he see any whales?

I am thinking that the motor won't diminish my love for bicycling, probably will enhance it having another style of riding to do.

wheels

Back