Too Lazy To Search - JK

Freddy Snottgrass

Local time
2:59 AM
There is so much information on here that good search results get diluted.

I got my first 49cc 4 stroke put together (had two 66cc 2 strokes couple years back). Finished it last night, so today I decided to take it on a ride for a couple of miles. Turns out we also have 30 - 40 mph winds today... my clutch is dead --

Here is what I am looking for:

20 mph top speed but I wanna get there easily so I need low gearing
highly dependable: I am using going to use this as transportation to work around 4 miles each way. My other car is an old 7.3 diesel and I really don't like taking her on short trips.
Relatively flat but I will encounter strong winds, especially in the srping.
Total bike load (including bike and engine and cargo) around 300 lbs.

Looking to repace CLUTCH - TRANSMISSION - WHEEL SPROCKET

I have 10 spoke mag wheels with disc brake mounts so I would like to find a large sprocket to mount on there. I only found one 56 tooth sprocket that looks like it might mount to disc brakes and that was on eBay but the item doesn't have much of a description, just a photo.

There is so much out there on eBay and Amazon and this bike shop and that bike shop... I don't really wanna throw money around until I find what works.

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE SO MUCH FOR YOUR ADVICE

EDIT: oh also, I am not looking to penny pinch here. I want to build a dependable good looking motorized bicyle.
Ever heard the saying "spending a dollar to save a dime"? That isn't me, I hope.

If you jack shaft, you can have the best of both worlds. Low end grunt to fight the wind and hill and a good top speed. All while reducing the stress on the cent. clutch. The cent clutches are awesome with a shift kit.

If you jack shaft, you can have the best of both worlds. Low end grunt to fight the wind and hill and a good top speed. All while reducing the stress on the cent. clutch. The cent clutches are awesome with a shift kit.
I didn't think of that., with a jackshaft kit, I can also utilize disc brakes in place of where the sprocket is. Are there any downsides to a jackshaft kit. Thank you for your quick response. Any pointers on where I can find a quality one that ships fast (that also carries the parts needed from clutch to jackshaft? My transmission might still be good but it is the basic light-duty one that came with the eBay kit.

Transmission wise I would use a Grubee 4G trans 5:1 primary ratio with a 36 tooth rear sprocket. Now I agree with Karl if you got the means buy a shift kit to go with above transmission, you will have the best of both worlds.

I didn't think of that., with a jackshaft kit, I can also utilize disc brakes in place of where the sprocket is. Are there any downsides to a jackshaft kit. Thank you for your quick response. Any pointers on where I can find a quality one that ships fast (that also carries the parts needed from clutch to jackshaft? My transmission might still be good but it is the basic light-duty one that came with the eBay kit.
Only down side the jackshaft kit has, the 4 stroke pull start negates. That's about it. You'll love a SBP shift kit. Don't use the cheapo shift kit on amazon. They cogs are to fat, and the crank bearing is weak. Only has to dog ears. SBP has 4 dog ears and uses a whites industry freewheel. An to boot, you can change the bearing them. When they are worn, 7 bucks and you got a new bearing for the bottom bracket crank.

Back