Too many questions to start my project...

As much as I'd really like a frame-mounted engine... I think I'm gonna have to go with a rack-mounted one instead.

That way I can get a 4-stroke and pretty much put it on any bike in existence: beach cruiser, 20" bmx, trike, recumbent, recumbent trike, etc...

I think I'll decide on my frame first and then come back here when I've got most all my parts pieced out.

Thanks again everybody (other than fetor56, who sure knows how to waste time in style)!!

The frame mounted engines are very nice but rack mounting does resolve certain issues. As long as you're considering a rack mount, check out Golden Eagle, Staton and the import units. There is bound to be something that suits your taste.

And if you think asking questions to get a clue of what you wanna build is "hard"... try building your next dream without the help of a forum, Mr Senior Member. You'll prolly end up reading to your death.[/QUOTE]

I have built without the help of a forum.. If you go to the Picture Gallery,find all 4 stroke frame mount builds and ask your questions there you might get answers. Fetor was trying to HELP!

I have built without the help of a forum..
I'm not saying it can't be done... but I am saying that every newb will benefit from asking questions to point them in the right direction.
If you go to the Picture Gallery,find all 4 stroke frame mount builds and ask your questions there you might get answers.
Now that is a helpful suggestion.
Fetor was trying to HELP!
Trying to help and helping are two different things. He could have answered one or two of my questions, or ignored the thread altogether; do or do not, there is no try! But no.. he had to tell me to read, like I haven't already done that. There's always a Fetor in every forum who can't bother to lend a hand other than telling you that you can find it yourself. If I could have found it myself, Fetor... I wouldn't be here asking for your opinion!!

I, for one, find your replies to fetor aggressive
if, you had read, read, read... like he suggested,(as I do to most newbies), you would have known about the 4strokers that are here
I don't particularly like the looks of the rack-mounts, but, I still read the posts for tips I CAN use
you might have read a lot, but not enough to answer your questions
read on !!!

Last edited:
How do i know what u know and what u don't know...all i know u were asking the type of questions that shouldn't have been asked IF u hade done your homework.
Instead of asking a few important questions then getting the proper answers and moving onwards with other questions u bombard ppl by not giving them time to breathe....this isn't a race.
Your enthusiasm is heartning but your attitude disheartning.Instead of arguing with ppl try cooperating...you'll get more work done and it'll be productive work.

i thought it was a good idea to group all your questions together, believe me i appreciate that...matter of fact, keep replying to this topic as you learn the answers, crosslink to the topic that did it for you whenever applicable...journal your build for the next new member :)

the guys are trying to help..."read read read" is the mbc-mantra, but when something comes up that hasn't been covered, we want the question posted. all a misunderstanding, "play nice" is the best response i've seen so far. "slow down" was also good ;)

imo, rack-mount makes for a much more reliable vehicle, i can personally vouch for the golden eagle system (epa-compliant tanaka 2-stroke) and the not-yet-released dax-titan (chinese 4-stroke honda clone)...they may not look as slick (also a matter of opinion) but boy-o-boy are they fun to run :cool:

Also, generally rack mounts incorporate a freewheel on the left side sprocket which facilitates pedalling when the engine is not running.

Back