Too many questions to start my project...

How do i know what u know and what u don't know...all i know u were asking the type of questions that shouldn't have been asked IF u hade done your homework.
Uhh... for starters, you know some of what I don't know because I just asked some questions to start off this thread. And just so we stop this... if you were me, what search terms would you have used to find the answers to my questions??

Instead of asking a few important questions then getting the proper answers and moving onwards with other questions u bombard ppl by not giving them time to breathe....this isn't a race.
I'm not in any hurry, and I prolly won't start spending my money for at least 2 more weeks... but ya see... the benefit of the internet and message boards like this one is that I can post 100 questions if I'd like, and people can choose to answer them all at once, a few at a time, or whatever. That's the whole purpose of technical & hobby forums is to point users in the right direction and share your experiences in return. I'm pretty sure that everyone would appreciate it if you didn't waste your time pointing someone back ONLY to this very same forum (especially after someone answered all of my questions.. what's the point in telling me to check out motoredbikes.com?).

Your enthusiasm is heartning but your attitude disheartning.Instead of arguing with ppl try cooperating...you'll get more work done and it'll be productive work.
Right back at ya.

Anyway... I'm extremely sorry to everyone else. But it drives me crazy when people say "you need to sift thru 1,000 more threads". No, I don't. I could understand where you're coming from if there were 10 threads in the first 3 pages that were titled "The Basics of Motored Biking: 2-strokes, 4-strokes, Frame-Mounted, & Rack-Mounted". Until that thread gets stickied or turns into a Wiki... answer the newbs' questions or don't; just telling them to read is counter-productive if you couldn't tell.

ok, now, let's be very clear about one thing...the place would be in a lot worse shape if we hadn't decided early on to strongly enforce the "play nice" policy. ever notice how many forums loose steam as their topics start to erode? not here. i feel you could've found a way to respond without trying to escalate, so i edited out the name-calling as unnecessary, now let's see if everyone's able to get back to the task at hand.

and, you can quit dreaming of finding that "miracle topic" that tells all...there will never be any such animal. the whole motorsport is still way too dynamic & diverse, which is why you're lamenting the lack of good 4-stroke info, it's all too new. matter of fact, i'm counting on you as a participating member to pitch in with that eventually...keep us posted on what you're up to. why?

because i don't intend to be fielding the many dozens or perhaps hundreds of duplicate questions that are looming on the horizon about new products, and i'll always press the "search before posting" policy as an uncomfortable necessity, all must pitch in for it to work. give those new guys something good to find.

one thing i'd like to see from our new members/readers...as you read (& i know you are) when you find a topic that you think is relevant but needs more meat & taters, bump it with your question and get things rolling again.

if you don't like the difficulty of searching the place, then please put some thought into how you're going to personally make it better for future visitors and members. you're now a contributing author of a complicated and difficult to manage tech manual...

so, what have you come up with so far? any decisions on anything yet?

...then please put some thought into how you're going to personally make it better for future visitors and members.
I always do if I've got the knowledge and time.

so, what have you come up with so far? any decisions on anything yet?
Yup, SirJakesus knows what's up. I'm thinking more and more about a rack-mounted 4-stroke... just dunno about the chain versus belt aspect.

This thread has got me bummed, so I just started a poll for fun. Yay!

Here it is: http://www.motoredbikes.com/showthread.php?t=8637

it's hard to get a straight answer to "what's the best?" that's why we say "read what's already here, then make an informed decision."

that poll is pretty comprehensive, it'll be worth watching.

Back