Too much info......

You've got alot to learn,the slit's or tread in a tire are to disperse water away from the contact patch and reduce the chance of hydro planning NOT added grip.Deck shoes are made with rubber non marking soles so as not to mess up the decks and rubber gives better grip and again the slit's or tread is to disperse the water. Friction drive rollers rely on the friction/tension against the tire for the cut's to grab and this method is older than you, don't you think that if there was a better way/design it would be in use.
Actually you need to Google what tire siping does you're confusing it and channels. Siping are razor thin cuts that create edges that grip. The narrow slits in the bottom of deck shoes are for the exact same thing.....grip against smooth wet surfaces. It's even named a siped sole.

Last edited:
Actually you need to Google what tire siping does you're confusing it and channels
Actually you need to Google what tire siping does you're confusing it and channels
Dude I've been racing bikes, boats and cars for over 40 years, worked with the factory engineers and had many things explained in detail as to how and why they work,take a look at a set of rain tires for Nascar or Indy,formula 1 or gp bikes.

Rest of world just thinks otherwise, is all I'm saying.

Screenshot_20201028-134327.png

Yes, the sipes in the tire disperses the water and gives more grip. You and StreetRyder are saying the same thing.
They create grip by mechanical interference with surface imperfections.
That's the function of the sharp edges that's why you make them.
Also increases flexibility so that it molds to imperfections better.

You can calculate the speeds at which hydroplaning begins to apply and it's quite high.
Never applies to bicycles.........or shoes.

They create grip by mechanical interference with surface imperfections.
That's the function of the sharp edges that's why you make them.
Also increases flexibility so that it molds to imperfections better.

You can calculate the speeds at which hydroplaning begins to apply and it's quite high.
Never applies to bicycles.........or shoes.
LOL try riding a bike in slush or mud,trust it hydro planes.

I'm going to recommend you get a moped since they're a lot more robust than a motorized bike (similar speed, around 30mph), possibly a PUCH or a Yamaha qt50, since you don't need to license them in Arkansas (i think).

or get something newish like a Yamaha jog and slap on some offroad tires. (this would be batter since they have a CVT and can climb hills pretty well, upgrades are also dirt cheap)

would have to be a moped because I live in Louisiana and scooters aren't allowed. That's the other reason for it to be a motorized bike... They are. Motorized bike is likely faster than a production moped too. Only ones I see have 50cc china engines too.

Then there's that similarity between a moped and having sex with a fat girl....... They're both fun to ride but you don't want your friends to see you on one.

Last edited:
You might be able to do many 70 mile trips with a well built 4 stroke bike, just bring tools and spare tubes, just in case. Use quality parts and replace all bolts with the toughest you can find. Start with a decent bike with good brakes, or upgrade them. If you do a dual suspension bike go with the over the rear wheel chain driven kit and get an internally geared hub. If you can find a dual suspension bike that can fit mid frame, do that instead.

Turns out near me.....facebook marketplace....is the place to sell used bikes near me....surprisingly, there's even a half dozen + motorized bikes near me. All cheep Chinese engine chain drive kits of course....people want $300 commonly...expecting their handiwork to be worth something I guess.

I didn't know you could cut the top bar out of the frame so you could fit an engine in....... Just leave a little stub to hook the gas tank to....... What could go wrong? Some are real pieces of.... work

Back