Too Much of Good Thing

H

Hive

It has occurred to me and I am sure others here that perhaps we are about to witness the results of having too much of a good thing on motored bikes.

Addressing the speed factor, which seems to be necessary for younger riders and long commuters, as the numbers rise, so will the attention from Trudy citizens, being aloof (the Pain in a--) people who will add us to their new-law agenda - these bozos exist as conservatives and liberals so don't get political.

The point is that as the numbers of motoring bikes rises, as it surely will, the scrutiny will rise proportionately. Which means, it is incumbent upon us to be cool, maintain a low profile and lay off the over reaching stuff and the throttle as better for all concerned.

A right of any import comes only with responsibility.

Of course, the number of people who have no clue will also rise proportionately - a statistical certainty - so, perhaps, it matters not.

Many examples exist today, cell phone while driving, snowmobiles, four-wheelers, cars, etc...

Powered bikes will end up being watched, taxed and burdened in time. Too bad!

Laws that arnt obeyed wont be enforced. Never stop riding even when they tell you to stop. If everyone follows through cops will be overtaken and will just give up. Goodluck everyone

What Mark Said

Good one!

Exactly the point!

A Taser world is not a good prospect.

Last edited by a moderator:
Laws that arnt obeyed wont be enforced. Never stop riding even when they tell you to stop. If everyone follows through cops will be overtaken and will just give up. Goodluck everyone

Good luck is right...and don't call me from jail.

My Reply

It is simply a question of money; and outwitting the Trudys.

Requiescat in pace! Amen!

Last edited by a moderator:
If you are from the USA (which I am) we are 25 years behind in bicycle commuter practice. While touring in europe, the one thing that stood out "the most" in my mind was how bicycles out numbered cars 50/1. We are only in the beginning years of a long fight for rights. In a country that has had cheap gas. (in comparison to the world) In the future as we creap up to $4.00 plus for gas, our numbers of motor assist bicycles will increase. It is then, we will have more leverage in the political arena. graucho

Back