Too much Oil ??

michael whiteman

Local time
5:29 AM
My Hausheng 142F is mounted about 15 degrees upward toward the front form being level. The manual says 8.5 oz. so I poured it in from the top after setting the valve lash. When I leveled out the engine and checked the dipstick oil ran out. Yes, it was totally drained. What would you do?? Go with the recommended 8.5 oz....................or pick some random spot on the dipstick and drain some out ??

I can visualize the oil just occupying a different space in the crankcase and realize the slinger is still splattering oil all over the place. I can't think of any adverse effects, can you?

My Hausheng 142F is mounted about 15 degrees upward toward the front form being level.
If it were me with t four stroker, I would find a way to make it level...It's not a 2 stroke that is more forgiving with being angled to 15%, its a 4 stroke that relies on oil oil splatter shower, not a 2 stroke where oil and gas is mixed for an oil bath.

If it were me with t four stroker, I would find a way to make it level...It's not a 2 stroke that is more forgiving with being angled to 15%, its a 4 stroke that relies on oil oil splatter shower, not a 2 stroke where oil and gas is mixed for an oil bath.
If you live where there's hills the angle of the engine is constantly changing. However, even the steepest grade paved roads (37%) in the world aren't but 16.65°. Yes, some paved driveways may be even steeper. Any paved roads beyond a 40% grade runs the risk of vehicles sliding down them.

If you live where there's hills the angle of the engine is constantly changing. However, even the steepest grade paved roads (37%) in the world aren't but 16.65°. Yes, some paved driveways may be even steeper. Any paved roads beyond a 40% grade runs the risk of vehicles sliding down them.
Then what I have already said should really apply then, his motor at a15 degree angle is already behind the 8 ball.

Normally if you put too much oil in the 142f/144f you'll know by the carb filter box being soaked in oil and oil running down the side of the motor below the carb. When filling make sure engine is level and fill to the lowest point of the cap threads. Filling it while leaning on the kick stand doesn't work. Won't say how I know this but s++t happens.

Thanks everyone for your replies, even though only one of you actually gave me an answer to my question, which was, follow the manual's recommendation of 8.5 oz or use the dipstick. I made an error building this first bike by welding a homemade mounting plate to the frame before I had any wheels. Nevertheless, I rode it all last year without any issues. I think I am going to level out the engine and remove the dipstick and let the oil run out until it stops, then call it good enough. On my first oil fill I leveled the engine and went to the bottom of the threads. This is no where near 8.5 oz.

I called my local small engine repair shop and asked how much oil a 50cc Honda takes seeing it's said to be a clone of my engine. I was told the Honda uses 4.4 oz, which is a far cry from the 8.5 oz listed for a Hausheng 142F. I then leveled my engine and drained it to the MAX mark on my dipstick. I removed 2.2 oz leaving 5.8 oz in the engine.

@Deleted Member 4613 stated a long time ago that he only fills his with 8oz because it always burns off .5 oz, which is a little suspicious to me now. The repair guy told me they always fill the Hondas until the oil runs out. (which is more than 4.4 oz). He also explained Hondas are also mounted on rototillers that do not operate with the engine level.

What I have determined........ the HS manual is BS (refer to Chineesium) and that I am going to fill my engine to the MAX mark and if I over fill it and it runs out, that OK too.

Back