Too much play in throttle cable - won't idle

Status
Not open for further replies.
jbbishop........If you wait a while the third bike will get stolen and the fourth bike might idle OK.

Yeah, well for the moment the bike is secured with a U-Lock inside of a locked garage. That probably won't stop the fiends for long.

As for my other issues: I was able to clear up both the leak from the drainage screw on on carb and the idle issues by simply putting a few more turns on the clamp holding the carb to the intake, without resorting to an O-ring and Permatex. As pointed out earlier the play in the throttle cable isn't that great of a deal only it may be preventing full throttling and I'll work on that later with the collection of spacers I collected from used bike parts.

Thanks again for all the input.

Ok so I've got one of those 80cc engine kits.

The idle screw is turned out 4 and 1/2 turns. There is no point in playing with the idle screw right now because there is way too much play in the throttle cable to keep the engine from shutting off when the throttle is released. Yes, by twisting and holding the throttle far enough it would idle with the clutch engaged. I did not have the problem on the first bike that was stolen but I had this same problem on the second bike that was stolen and just lived with it. Now the case with this third bike the play is even worse than the last one, so I'm wondering if anyone has any ideas on how to resolve this problem.
Buy a lock and you woukdnt have that problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back