Took the bike out yesterday...

Warner

Local time
8:05 AM
Well, with gas prices down and with us buying yet another Honda Civic (this one is a '93 and runs great - averaging over 30mpg even with my driving) it is hard for me to justify an hour commute each way with the bicycle. So, the MAB hasn't really gotten any use this year. Well, I saw him in the garage yesterday looking all lonely and the wife needed some things from Wally World yesterday so I fired it up and rode 3 miles each way to Walmart and back. I forgot how FUN and USEFUL that sucker is! I have a feeling I'll be getting out on it more often now!

Warner

I know what you mean. My bike has been laid up this year so far for modifications. I planned to have them done a couple of months ago, but as Dad, and rightfully so, everyone else's projects come before mine.

Glad to hear you got out there!

I know what you mean. My bike has been laid up this year so far for modifications. I planned to have them done a couple of months ago, but as Dad, and rightfully so, everyone else's projects come before mine.

Glad to hear you got out there!

Me too....thanks Houghmade!

Warner

Yes. When fuel was going for about $1.65/gallon I was having a hard time justifying my time on my bike. That happened to be winter time, too. So I was driving quite a bit.

But now fuel is at $2.80 here (and, maybe, rising), so that makes the bike a bit more useful.

Yes. When fuel was going for about $1.65/gallon I was having a hard time justifying my time on my bike. That happened to be winter time, too. So I was driving quite a bit.

But now fuel is at $2.80 here (and, maybe, rising), so that makes the bike a bit more useful.

Yeah...I actually had two things happen that limited the MAB use. Gas prices about cut in half, and with the addition of another high mileage car (vs my full sized van that gets about 13mpg), my fuel savings by using the bike virtually evaporated. Where I used to save $10 a day by using the bike, I would only save about $2 a day now. Not worth the extra hour of travel time. But I WILL start using the bike for short trips around town when I don't need to buy a lot of items. I can fit a surprising amount of "stuff" in my bags though....

Warner

Back