• Register now! It's free and easy.
  • Show your bike to the world, upload a photo today!
  • Hi Guest, did you know we have a dark style? It might be easier on the eyes at night time! Try it out here: Style Chooser

Took the dog for a ride....

bluegoatwoods

My daughter and I just took a ride that is probably worth sharing. We've rigged up a dog carrier. Worked pretty well. If he can enjoy riding, then he's gonna get out of the house more often. Everybody wins!

On a side note, we stopped for a break at the furthest point from home (probably 3 miles ) I knew that my tank was just about full. I told my daughter that she'd better check her fuel. She looked in the tank and said that she couldn't see anything. I looked and she was right. It looked to be bone dry. I figured it wasn't a big deal; I could always ride home and get her some more while she waited. But it wasn't necessary; the bike made it home anyway. There couldn't have been more than a sipfull of fuel in that tank. These things are very good on gas.

Attachments

Last edited:

L

Large Filipino

NICE! My little wimpy dogs keep jumping out of my trailer. Those little buggers get spooked.

bluegoatwoods

Thinking about it I probably should have taken close up photos of how to tie down your dog for bike riding. I'll do that the next time we take him out. It needs to be done right.

Q

quay1962

hey blue how are the fumes back there? i have a dog that would love it but i am worried about the fumes?

bluegoatwoods

Fumes is a good point. Being unable to ride back there, I can't say for sure.
But when moving I'm thinking it can't be too bad. Opinions?

It is a matter that I ought to be careful with, after all.

azbill

I pull my 2 granddaughters around all the time
I constantly ask if they smell gas or anything funny
they are very vocal and haven't said anything about it yet :D

S

sideshowsideswipe

ya know some people LOVE the smell of two-stroke smoke...

starkm32

Kewl, blue! Like your doggie carriage!

Care ta post the plans for the carrier?

I 4 1 would appreciate being able to carry my 10 year old (chubber) of a Goldie around with my bike. The maltese I can virtually put in a carry bag! HE LOVES IT!

Fumes. Hmmmm.

Oh, well. Use my 'lectric.