Tool kit

GW's Motorized

Local time
1:31 AM
I'm building a tool kit to go in one of my saddlebags. It'll be in this box because it's compact and fits perfectly in my bag. I don't have much in it yet mainly because I am unsure what I will and won't need. I would like some suggestions on the best things to carry in my tool kit.
IMG_20230111_200052410.jpg

Dug around in my miscellaneous spare tools in my toolbox that aren't in any tool kits, wrench sets, or on my socket rails. I grabbed a few swivel head wrenches I bought for like 10 bucks at harbor freight because they were missing the 11mm and 14mm, some Allen wrench sets, a spark plug gapper, and a set of vice grips and tape(electrical and duct tape).

Tie wraps, phillips/flat head, pocketknife, 10/8mm wrench, pliers/diagonal, multitool.
41pQQSdIcwL._AC_SR320,320_.jpg

Do you mean the bicycle multitool as in the pic? I wouldn't ride w//o one. The one I have cost around $8 and have used the hell out of it adjusting the brakes, tightening the handlebars, seat. Those mm hex keys fit a lot of stuff. Above pic is an example. They can pack a lot more tools in them if you want but the cost goes up. Cheap isn't always the best, choose wisely. Some are junk. Name brand and you're probably better off. Mine is 15 years old so that $8 price was in a different era.

Do you mean the bicycle multitool as in the pic? I wouldn't ride w//o one. The one I have cost around $8 and have used the hell out of it adjusting the brakes, tightening the handlebars, seat. Those mm hex keys fit a lot of stuff. Above pic is an example. They can pack a lot more tools in them if you want but the cost goes up. Cheap isn't always the best, choose wisely. Some are junk. Name brand and you're probably better off. Mine is 15 years old so that $8 price was in a different era.
Great, thanks! I will look into getting one. I'm only in town riding, so if I break down, it's not too far home to do either the pedal or walk of shame home.

Back