Top Choice- Electric Bike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nuvmack

Local time
2:38 PM
Hi Everyone,
I feel like I can't pull the trigger on an electric bike and would appreciate some advice. I need something I can close outside of work during the day and rain on it, I could do and ride 20 miles where I really want to fly.
Tell me your thoughts and if I have to think otherwise

Last edited:
Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Interesting! 😄 I would love to see the screenshots but I'm not clicking those links on my phone, lol. 😝
Are overvolting the hub motore wheel from 36v to 48v ?
What will be the no-load top speed of the wheel?
Do you have a matching 26" rear wheel?
What type are your brakes and brake mounts?
Why did you choose the 29" "hybrid" bike?

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Interesting! 😄 I would love to see the screenshots but I'm not clicking those links on my phone, lol. 😝
Are overvolting the hub motore wheel from 36v to 48v ?
What will be the no-load top speed of the wheel?
Do you have a matching 26" rear wheel?
What type are your brakes and brake mounts?
Why did you choose the 29" "hybrid" bike?
Nah, it was what i was told to get battery wise, the 48v 20ah battery.

Top speed i'm not sure as i've not built and ridden yet :p
The plan is to use this for just in the city where the gas bike is way to loud and i get complaints from the courthouse people lol
25mph will suit just fine as long as the hill climbing power is as good or better than the gas bike.

Yep, it's coming laced to a 26" rim but i'l be putting that on a 29" schwinn glenwood :D

disc brakes

I chose the 29" bike because i went to 5 walmarts in 2 counties and the last one had this one last adult bike so i ran to it and hugged it :p

The Lithium Iron Phosphate battery will feel heavy but should have the advantage of long cycle life. 🙂

I meant did the tell you the rpm/Watt or the unloaded 48v rpm.
I think most of those that don't tell you in the ad will manage nearly 21mph lifted up off the ground, because they are road legal in many EU countries when run at 36v to 15.5mph (although I am not sure they change anything when they use different rim diameters!).
Yours might be possibly the same as those but some less generic motors are wound differently for more torque or more rpm. 🙂

There are 1000W+ motors built up as front wheel hubs but they are not very popular and usually 500W+ hubs are non geared motors. They do the 25mph+ though!
To get up hills as well as or better than the two stroke engine you'll need 1500-2250W from the rear wheel. Our engines are very good! 😅

I'm sure you'll have lots of fun whooshing around the courthouse and surprising people who don't expect a silent bicycle to be fast. 😋

Not sure that I understand :p

It's:
Item specifics

Condition:
New: A brand-new, unused, unopened, undamaged item in its original packaging (where packaging is ... Read moreabout the condition
Features: Pedal Assist, 1000 Watt, 500 Watt, Front Wheel, 1500 Watt, 36 Volt, 48 Volt, Rear Wheel Wheel Size: 26 in
Color: Black Speed: 22 mph or 34 mph
MPN: Does not apply Frame Size: 24 in
Power: 500W or 1500W Wheel: Front or Rear Wheel
Brand: Voilamart Note: Battery is not included in package.
Brake Type: Hand Brake Type: Bicycle Convertion Kit
Note2: Logo&Without Logo wheel will be delivered randomly

I purchased the 1000w ebay listing with the lcd thing :D
I have no clue what i am doing LOL

Hi Everyone,
I feel like I am unable to finally pull the trigger on an electric bike and would appreciate some advice. I am looking for a bike that would be my mode of transportation to work and also be used to get out of the city where I would highly value speed. I need something that I can lock-up outside of work during the day and be rained on that I could also take on 20-mile rides where I really want to fly.
Let me know your thoughts, and if I should consider another
As always... find the perfect bike for how you want to ride and then invest $2000.00 dollars in a BBSHD/02, 52V 30Ah lithium triangle pack, input control, and a Grin Satiator. If you start out with an inexpensive POS frame you are going to get what you paid for. It's not hard... don't buy a production ebike you can have much better.

The real issue is to figure out how to water proof the bike for outside in the rain. Not only the battery, but the controller and also the throttle and display. Ideally, you want to have a bike cover but I mean its a hassle to always cover it and the day that you don't cover it; it rains like all hell. You can buy a retail or DIY bike but even the retail bikes I think will need additional work to water proof it. Yeah, that is one disadvantage versus a gas bike, electric bikes need additional precautions against heavy rain; a lit mist or shower is fine but prolong exposure does require some thought.

The real issue is to figure out how to water proof the bike for outside in the rain. Not only the battery, but the controller and also the throttle and display. Ideally, you want to have a bike cover but I mean its a hassle to always cover it and the day that you don't cover it; it rains like all hell. You can buy a retail or DIY bike but even the retail bikes I think will need additional work to water proof it. Yeah, that is one disadvantage versus a gas bike, electric bikes need additional precautions against heavy rain; a lit mist or shower is fine but prolong exposure does require some thought.
I let mike bike sit in the rain uncovered, I ride in the rain all the time, heavy rains at times. I live in Washington State and have never had any problem with the bike due to rain or water. But the cover is the best idea and also the best theft prevention you can have in my opinion.

I am not saying it is a problem to ride in heavy rain or leave it out but you have to take precautions to protect the display, throttle, controller, and battery from water intrusion. Standard DIY kits and perhaps many (most) retail ebikes are water resistant not water proof. If you do have some water intrusion the best that can happen is that you need to dry out the electronics before things start working again. I don't think it is hard to do so just know out of the box these kits are water resistant not water proof.

A cover is problematic. I tried it and literally lost it to strong winds like 3rd ride using it. And, it looks like s**t.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back