Top Choice- Electric Bike

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not saying it is a problem to ride in heavy rain or leave it out but you have to take precautions to protect the display, throttle, controller, and battery from water intrusion. Standard DIY kits and perhaps many (most) retail ebikes are water resistant not water proof. If you do have some water intrusion the best that can happen is that you need to dry out the electronics before things start working again. I don't think it is hard to do so just know out of the box these kits are water resistant not water proof.

A cover is problematic. I tried it and literally lost it to strong winds like 3rd ride using it. And, it looks like sh*t.
I won't submerge any of the components in water but other than that I do nothing more than to soak the throttle, 500C, and all the contacts in ACF-50 when I wash the bike monthly. Rain isn't an issue any more than it is for any bike. "Looks like s**t"? You and I are different kinds of riders.
https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipPpeCpGHjzn4oSM-7810QsccnbTw4CAHqcejEv-GC5dWL8yT48mOcjRHkpTYNZ_5w?key=VjUzaG5CN1phRFFRNUhGaXBWcG96bUlWZlJ5ajl3

yeh, that bag looks like s**t imo.

Attachments

• IMG_20200509_160632.jpg
    IMG_20200509_160632.jpg
    162.7 KB · Views: 167
Always turns out he same, It's the B Bssett way or the HWY :ROFLMAO:

An ugly cover, ugly looking parked bike, can be an advantage on these ultra-thievable hip cool new e-bike things. 🙂
Fewer people envy and desire your uncool looking bike. 😅

I pulled up to the red light on my E-moped (emo-ped?) the other morning. A couple of substance enthusiasts were standing right beside me, they saw me.
One of them looked right at me and he said
You look like a twat on that. 😐

(I think he meant a dork, actually. He was probably a little dumbfounded.) 🤓

Last edited:
An ugly cover, ugly looking parked bike, can be an advantage on these ultra-thievable hip cool new e-bike things. 🙂
Fewer people envy and desire your uncool looking bike. 😅

View attachment 95679

I pulled up to the red light on my E-moped (emo-ped?) the other morning. A couple of substance enthusiasts were standing right beside me, they saw me.
One of them looked right at me and he said
You look like a twat on that. 😐

(I think he meant a dork, actually. He was probably a little dumbfounded.) 🤓

Good Point, Ugly Cover to Hide your Gem. Kind like Urban Camo

Good Point, Ugly Cover to Hide your Gem. Kind like Urban Camo
Wench you are so cute agreeing with anyone that will listen, sending emojis like a 14-year-old girl. Commenting on every topic even when you don't understand them, have any experience, or have anything worthwhile to offer. What? No one in the "smoker" section wants to bother with you either? You go girl! Make sure to add some emoji so you don't have to think little lady.

Last edited:
I have given up waiting for it to get any better. 😔
I think about the bikes I want to build sometime in my life, and ride, and leave on this planet when I "graduate" from it.
I must build them right away when I can, whenever there is opportunity, and not wait until it is too late! ☝😲

I am intending to build a pure electric downhill mtb as well as two hybrids. I just have to hope that enough of my parts arrive soon enough and I get enough good days to put things together. And at least ride them. 🙂

The good thing about the e-bike batteries is they can be placed on any build or number of builds, shared between them. 😄 You just have to build some sort of mounts/ box/ cage for them on each of your bikes.

Motor wheels are affordable so don't need to be shared between bikes. Mid drives are not really affordable and cannot be shared..

But just a pair of small/mid size batteries will do a pair of cute couple's electric cruisers,
And they'll hybrid-power a pair of hybrids too. 😝
AND when you want some dirty fun you get to mount them both on your high amp draw e-moto creation for double the AH and halved strain on cells per amp drawn!! 😁

Two batteries are five bikes or ten bikes or whatever you want! 😲📢 You can only ride one at any one time, (and she can ride the other if you're not hogging both the batteries today). 😁

Just got the rear hub drive wheel and the electronics attatched to the bike.
Not to bad to install. Waiting on the battery now, then we Ride!

Neighbor gave me a schwinn rear rack he had and won't use so that is a plus to mount the batery there i guess.

So they say to use the 36v 20ah battery but i got the 48v 20ah battery to use, keep your fingers crossed :D

Ride Safe everyone! :cool:

HP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back