Top mods to start with from stock

spitfire42

Local time
6:02 PM
Hi there i have really enjoyed my motor kit since i got it and have had no problems so far, did alot of research before and while building it to insure less issues. Recently i have been looking into putting some new parts on to improve performance, my ultimate and mostly likely last upgrade will be putting a shift kit on, sounds like way to much fun. So far i am thinking of an aftermarket carb- http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Racin-Carbur...ash=item3aaeae92c1:g:Fq0AAOSwjVVVtZdt&vxp=mtr.
CDI upgrade-There are 2 that are the most common-1 on ebay and 1 on sick bike parts- http://www.ebay.ca/itm/FAST-rocket-...m35da702260:m:mdYU5Eo8SDlJYjC8cpe-lpA&vxp=mtr
-http://www.sickbikeparts.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=184

As for now i think that would make a good difference, maybe look at a boost bottle later but have herd mixed reviews.. Please let me know your opinion as to if these upgrades work well and your experience with them. Cheers!

Attachments

• 038.jpg
    038.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 377
Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
best bang for almost zero cost is taking metal off the head to increase compression. and a good head gasket.
and put an iridium plug on.
a good carb well jetted helps a lot.
When deciding on a CDI choose one that has done their homework and can show you a graph of the ignition timing vs RPM.
Most of them just slap some parts together and then boast that its the best and expect you to take their word for it.

I have read some other posts you have done about shaving the head, am looking into what to get right now to do it. What do you mean by a better head gasket? is the metal one that comes with the stock kit not good? I got a new spark plug right now, think its nkg. So the carb off of ebay is a good one? This is one of the issues im having now is with choosing a good cdi, is the sick bike parts cdi rated to be the best?

The performance CDI from SBP and JNMotors is the only one that gives full technical details about it and is also adjustable. Also it adjusts itself to the ambient temperature. But of course I am partial since it's my baby.
Buy head gasket material from the auto parts store and make your own head gasket. the stock aluminum one is made to be thrown away the first time its taken off since it can only conform correctly to surface variations one time.

that carb on ebay is not recommended by me because it is not fully adjustable. on my site are my top picks.

Oh ok makes sense, never knew that. Thank you for all the info by the way! I did read through your page and found 2 carbs that were suggested, with the stock intake will both the jnm performance carb for $50 and dellorto SHA 16 carb for $70 fit on or do i need an adapter?

It should say on my site, or just ask the distributors of them what the ID is.

teflon makes the best head gasket of all, squishing down to less than 0.1mm, filling any voids, doesnt stick, corrode, or deteriorate with age, cheap, easily replaced...

ideally the head and cylinder are machined with corrugations to help grip the sealing material, as is standard on all high pressure flanges.

that seals the thing, removes the sharp edge of the gasket in the combustion chamber and all the narrow lip it conceals...

tear them down, de burr/polish ports without affecting timing, match all manifolds,

get a decent tuned pipe which isnt going to happen because theres nothing on the market ;) you gotta make it. good fun :)

carb swaps are more effort than theyre worth and the stock nt does fine.

boost bottles are a joke unless you really understand them and have tuned to suit. some engines actually NEED them...

the pipe should be the first priority. it really should be. nothing else will make such a major impact by simply bolting it on. all these little alloy bits and adaptors and fancy names are just bling to lighten your wallet.

Thanks man really appreciate the help, new to the upgrading part of these motors so looking into carbs, pipes and so on haha. Yea i have herd to much conflict about the boost bottle so gonna leave that one, out of curiosity do either of you know how well the nos kit works? i have never seen it before and havnt ever seen anyone post about it.

-http://www.jnmotorsbikes.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=JNM1113&CartID=1

Back