Top speed dropped from 43mph to 35mph

Slow filing may work alright, but these are riveted sheet metal. Trying to cut them will just pull the layers apart. Grinding it would be a better bet, since it has no teeth to snag between or pull the layers.

If anyone signed on to this thread has any extra magnets please compare the keyway locations on them, I’ve found several from different vendors with better timing.

All mine are about 1 o'clock cut. All but one stays that way, only my nitropropane bike needed to be retarded. My other bikes I am happy with how they run and the power they make. All my engines are CDH with catnip, and one bbr stage one cdi. same freaking cdi, different name. All just clones of the thunder cdi from days past.

I think cannonball has filed the magnet on some that were not cut to specs, what I was referring to on the key was using a wider key and cut down the Bottom half on one side and top half on the other. I’ve made a few when mcgivering a piece of machinery back together to make it till parts came in.
Offset key is the preferred method to change the timing. I do that all the time on kart engines, the only difference is I want advance then.

Back