Top speed of Subaru eho35?

Will'smotobikes19

Local time
1:17 PM
Anyone that has had a Subaru robin on a bike what was your top speed? Thanks. I am debating whether it will be too slow for my next build. I believe the tle43 clone will be faster as it it 2 stroke and 49cc. I’m shooting for at least mid 30’s or else it will take forever to commute (10 miles). I’ve heard the Subaru’s last a long time but I don’t want to take 40 minutes to get to work.

28-32 is about max for the little Suby. A little more if you've got good aero. A little less if you've got a headwind.

10 mile commute aint much at all, IMO, unless you're pedaling against a headwind! I did that for years :\

I used to always keep these speeds in mind:
10MPH - 10 miles takes ~60 min
12MPH - 10 miles takes ~50 min
15MPH - 10 miles takes ~40 min
20MPH - 10 miles takes ~30 min
30MPH - 10 miles takes ~20 min

The 2-stroke will def make more power, but the little Suby is a strong, quiet little gem of an engine.

I found it online guy said there’s less than 200 miles on it. I heard they have a cast iron sleeve and I think it’s from 08. They’re pretty rare now. I might not mind a 30 min commute but there is some hills. I also tend to rush to work in my car which I’m going 50 usually lol.

Haha, yeah I hear ya. I've been a pedalhead almost all my 40-something years, but I have a ~110 mile commute (both ways total) these days, so I had to buy a car 3 years ago. Sometimes I find myself going 85 with traffic on my way in. California, ugh. I miss the 25MPH leisurely cruises to and from work on my 2HP beast :D

Well I probably will build the 2 stroke bike first since it will be a faster top speed. Hopefully I can run lights as it has a starter generator. I already bought a battery, new carb with velocity stack and an ngk plug for it. The Subaru can last 50,000 miles from what I’ve heard. That’s one of the reasons I bought it. Technically in my state the mopeds have to go 25 too.

I had a thought. Maybe using a striaght pipe with the subaru will help free up a few mph. It would probably sound amazing as does the huasheng 49cc with a pipe.

Header, flexpipe, muffler always works nice on a lil 4-stroker. The muffler mainly helps with "noise pollution". Same tone can be had.

If one drives around a lot of buildings, running without a muffler makes quite a racket! Thank goodness I live out in the country.

Running a straight pipe will probably cut into your 50k miles lol.
If the pipe was a proper length I doubt it. Made in Tokyo Japan. A lot of Harley’s and other bikes run straight pipes. I’ve seen some clips of the Subaru running and they sound good with stock exhaust. Most of those videos are 10 years old though. I think they are a gem indeed.

Yeah, it would have to be a really short pipe to cut into engine life by itself. Short enough to bend valves with cold air when engine is off.

My brother and I have been running 30" "straightpipes" for nearly 10 years on our 4-stroke bikes.
We both long used a large-displacement cigar muffler because city life. Mine shot off the end of my exhaust like 2 years ago on a ride LOL

Back