Top speed of Subaru eho35?

Yeah, an inductive lead that usually takes about 10-12 wraps around the plug wire.
I use electrical tape and a small zip-tie to secure it on the wire. Should pick up.

Works on most engines, even the OP's Suby EHO35! Sorry, don't mean to derail things :D

Here's a good video explaining torque, horsepower relationship.

This is what I was talking about when using a shift kit keeping the engine in a ratio where it operates at the peak rpm that generates max horsepower. To do this you need a tachometer. I also did a post once on building freewheels and increasing the jumps between cogs. Since these engines generate much more torque than a human does the small jumps between ratios aren't necessarily like they are on a pedal only bicycle. This is why many like IGH hubs. Also the Staton shift kit is capable of supporting 3 chainrings. Which means one could run a single sprocket in the rear and just shift the 3 chainrings.

Attachments

• 3398-1327198739-b13e4a5f980204de8c20b6515674f787.jpg
    3398-1327198739-b13e4a5f980204de8c20b6515674f787.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 134
Sure, that's what the shift kit is for - increasing the versatility of the engine's powerband. I'm not telling anyone who already has a shifter bike anything they don't already know: putting around with no clutch slippage at like 6 is as easy as cruising at 26.

But you're wrong about something: these engines do NOT produce "much more torque" than humans. They produce much more horsepower. It's quite easy for a human to generate over 25 times the torque of an EHO35, and oftentimes more, if you account for just bodyweight standing on a 9" (175MM) crank. Granted, humans have a relatively narrow powerband and chevrolegs don't rev very high, the average human can only generate about 20-25% of 1HP indefinitely.

Edit: Pedaling is the best power adder, and adding more complexity to the drivetrain will always incur power loss.
I compensated on my SBP kit by increasing the engine-to-crank reduction all the way to 69.09:1.
Every 1000 engine RPM is 14.7 pedal crank revolutions. Engine torque peak @ 66 pedal cadence.

Last edited:
Kinda makes sense with torque because of how long our legs are compared to a piston rod. Actually the legs are like a fulcrum or extension of the pedals. The motor can go up and down 7,000 rpm but if it’s a 35cc motor it’s not a very long stroke. Now someone has to machine a turbo small enough for a micro 4 stroke.

There's already a few tiny turbos, and a couple have been done over the years, but then you have something that requires additional cooling and gets hot enough that you'd think a chinagirl header burn was a loving kiss. Then to really tune it, you'd want fuel injection and an ECU to run it. On this scale, every little error in a tune is noticeable.

There's a few mini pumps that have been looked at for supercharging, a safer thing to do on this scale really, but it's really a novelty thing on such a small displacement engine. Theoretically, giving a 1.5HP engine ~15psi will yield a 3HP engine. Either way, it would all be pretty neat to look at and talk about, but it'd most likely be more trouble than it's worth.

Complexity. It's the enemy. It's why some of the most reliable MBs in the forums use 76MM clutch engines such as GX35 and EHO35 and a rackmount of some type. Leaves a lot of room for the chevroleg torque, which usually helps conquer all.

Just ran the Subaru for the first time. Ran good at first but then it started shutting off when I gave full throttle and sputtering. It seems to want to move on it’s own. Ps I did fit the center strap (not in this pic.)

They got replacement carbs on the bay of the E for $17. Might be the easiest fastest way to go. Or spend 30 minutes cleaning yours and hope you don't need a carb kit.

Oh my it’s cold outside. Just opened up the Subaru a little it is running better but seems to have a dead spot in the carb. On a slight downhill it’s easily doing the 28mph but it’s slowing down to about 10mph uphill. Maybe I’m just used to the 37mph (crap) cg motor. It’s fun though. A little seat vibration but it’s running reasonable. Maybe if I can just find the 2 gaskets in the carb it would get rid of the dead spot. It is a walbro

Last edited:
Yeah, this class of engine just doesn't have the torque to climb hills without gearing low or pedaling hard.

Even my brother's cammed GXH50 is a dog up hills. And it's not fun taking off from a stop uphill, either LOL

Back