Top speed of Subaru eho35?

It has less vibration than the cg and it’s pretty quiet. The cg without the end cap was probably 2 1/2 times louder. The good thing is I don’t have to get a running start since the auto clutch and pedals.

But you're wrong about something: these engines do NOT produce "much more torque" than humans. They produce much more horsepower. It's quite easy for a human to generate over 25 times the torque of an EHO35, and oftentimes more, if you account for just bodyweight standing on a 9" (175MM) crank. Granted, humans have a relatively narrow powerband and chevrolegs don't rev very high, the average human can only generate about 20-25% of 1HP indefinitely.
Very right you are. A 200 lb person standing on a 9" crank will be putting out 150 lb/ft. Then you do the reduction to the rear wheel, say 44t crank 22t freewheel for simplicity's sake, will have 75 lb/ft to the rear wheel. Much more than our engines do unless you gear it to go 5 mph and yank wheelies on anything above 1/10th throttle.

I wish Subaru had made a 50. I wonder if that gx50 will really come in the future. I guess there’s a reason no one uses the 25cc Subaru or Honda. It would be gutless.

My tire tries to rotate on my rim if I pedal hard out of first gear. I've cut the valve stem off of 10 tubes since 2010.

I start out of 2nd now. One of these days I'm going tubeless, like Stan's or something LOL

Torque isn't always your friend, I've learned, but it usually is :LOL:

I haven't twisted my tire on the rim yet, first gear is only 26:1 if I remember right. Now I am very worried that my no-turn washer will blow out my crappy diagonal forward facing dropout in 1st. The axle wants to twist pretty bad with just the motor in 1st, pedaling with it concerns me. 2nd is good because its 1:1 from the sprocket and locks to the hub with no planetary gear, then I just don't have enough torque to overload the hub in 3rd.

With 1.6 hp you should be able to go roughly 35 mph with the right gearing, will bog on flat ground if you attempt to gear it any faster. You would be pedaling hard just at the sight of a hill well before you reach it. I would gear it to do between 20-25 mph and just enjoy cruising. But I live around hills and that setup can't shift.... unless maybe a trike internally geared jackshaft is used somewhere between the engine and driver pulley maybe... :unsure:
I use this calculator to get a base on whats needed for specific speeds at different slopes, wind direction, posture used, weight of bike and rider etc. Its not hard to translate hp to watts using any calculator, it is 752 watts per hp.

Last edited:
Well I decided to take the bike on a longer trip-bad idea. It was probably only 4 or 5 miles. It ran out of gas... had to coast/pedal home. Not so sure about 200mpg but I did forget to fill it up today. Even the 1.6 hp helps a ton going up the hills. I love this thing though.

Last edited:
Back