Top speed problem

Daniel1801

Local time
3:17 PM
it seems when I start hitting the top speed on my bike it starts to make this crazy rattle sound that vibrates the whole bike I tried tensioning it to help which it did but it still had a slight rattle at top speed still.

often, that is just something shaking with the vibration - check that everything is tight

also, these are not precision machines, so really shouldn't be run much as fast as they'll go - would you put your car in first gear and then floor it to get on freeway?

often, that is just something shaking with the vibration - check that everything is tight

also, these are not precision machines, so really shouldn't be run much as fast as they'll go - would you put your car in first gear and then floor it to get on freeway?
Oh ok thanks

Do you know what exactly to tighten ?

anything/everything that could be loose - motor, CDI, fenders, gas tank, seat springs, whatever

nothing on the bike was designed to stand up to vibration from a motor, everything must be taken care of often

I also have one more prob
I was told to lube the bar in the clutch cover, the one with three bolts and that would fix the squeaking. But it still squeaks. Any help would be appreciated

I also have one more prob
I was told to lube the bar in the clutch cover, the one with three bolts and that would fix the squeaking. But it still squeaks. Any help would be appreciated
Maybe is the clutch part where it is squeaking, lube it, but check first how to do it properly!

while that cover is open, check that chain isn't rubbing on cover in front of sprocket

I lubed it I was told to lube the bar and the bearings I even lived the gears on the right side.
There is a spring under the clutch plate, did you try that?

Other thing, when you say "bar in the clutch cover" you mean the one that has a bolt on it and mover in a rotational way? or the one that is inside the engine and is pushed in-out to engage and disengage the clutch? If you only did one of them, maybe the other...

what a load of crap - clutch must be adjusted at locking point of hand lever or you will not have full pressure when running

Back