Top Speed

Chainlube

Ha ha, YOU'RE confused! I'm off the deep end! I guess the other option is getting a rod and piston to match the jug.

Those two motors you posted were the first I've seen with and B & S stated. Try to find a bore measurement on any single jug for sale?!

Akutey

Honestly would not be hard for vendors to measure the cylinder height and port's. I can say that they do vary depending on the vendor it was bought from.

Last edited:
I found this, this one is cheap and pre ported.
Ive been debating buying this engine anyway, my first build was a pk80, (stolen sadly) and it was a very good motor. If i bought this one id be pretty well set for replacement parts if something goes wrong, since id have 2 complete engines. I can start buy just buying the jug and see if it fits on my current engine, if not, i can always buy the wildcat. I travel alot, so having a backup engine would be a good investment. I already carry a full assortment of bolts, masterlinks, gaskets, and woodruff keys. Dont really have any spart motor parts. Having the extra weight would be a shame, but since im planning an upcoming cross crountry trip next spring, itd be worth the weight. Im a light rider anyway, so it wony matter much i think. Already carry like 20lbs in parts anyhow.

Chainlube

I found this, this one is cheap and pre ported.
Ive been debating buying this engine anyway, my first build was a pk80, (stolen sadly) and it was a very good motor. If i bought this one id be pretty well set for replacement parts if something goes wrong, since id have 2 complete engines. I can start buy just buying the jug and see if it fits on my current engine, if not, i can always buy the wildcat. I travel alot, so having a backup engine would be a good investment. I already carry a full assortment of bolts, masterlinks, gaskets, and woodruff keys. Dont really have any spart motor parts. Having the extra weight would be a shame, but since im planning an upcoming cross crountry trip next spring, itd be worth the weight. Im a light rider anyway, so it wony matter much i think. Already carry like 20lbs in parts anyhow.
I'm really having a hard time believing either of those, that jug just looks like it's ported on exhaust side. If they did the intake and transfers, why not show a picture?

I'm really having a hard time believing either of those, that jug just looks like it's ported on exhaust side. If they did the intake and transfers, why not show a picture?
Eve if they didnt do a complete port its still about the same price as the jug posted earlier, so i could try to port the rest(if needed) myself, at the same approx cost if fail

Chainlube

Eve if they didnt do a complete port its still about the same price as the jug posted earlier, so i could try to port the rest(if needed) myself, at the same approx cost if fail
I'm not saying they didn't do the intake side, but were lazy in taking the picture. If you have the funds, just get the complete, but go through it before you install. It's not hard to pop off the head and jug to chamfer the inside of the ports, It gives you a chance to swap out those acorn nuts for some real nuts.

Akutey

Personally I would not buy a ported cylinder unless I knew the person doing it. One vendor sent me one of their expensive ported cylinder's instead of a plain one like ordered and it was a garbage job. The exhaust porting was not tapered but blindly done with a 1mm ramp and someone slipped with nick's in the cylinder wall.

Last edited:

gary55

I have no experience with the vendor you are showing, but I know bulls**t when I see it, and that is what I am seeing in their ad where it says "why our engines".
First they say there crank is something special . Nobody uses the crank they are comparing to these days. That was abandoned long ago.

Second they say the speed carb uses bigger jets. It only has 1 jet and it is the same size as the stock nt.
The flakey fuel filter they show I have never seen in any of the kits I have bought form many different vendors.

On top of all that their are many vendors using better hardware these days as well as using 8mm mounting studs which the wildcat engine does not appear to have. Is their engine any good? I would say it's probably not much if any better than the one you have now.

Whenever some one is misleading or out right lying in their ad you should consider where else the bulls**t may lie. Just a heads up I have never heard of anyone using this vendor.

I stand corrected. There are reviews in the dealer review section of this site. I strongly recommend you read them.

Checking all this out it looks like they are using the runwell engine which is a pretty good engine, and is using the larger 8mm mounts.
The best way to buy it is through ebay with paypal. Then you have double the ability to seek help with ant problems with the order.
AUTHENTIC Wildcat™ PK80 Runwell 80cc/66cc Motorized Bike Kit Motor ENGINE ONLY | eBay

Last edited: