Top Speed

Status
Not open for further replies.
I posted back on the first page of this thread but will repost, between 25 and 30 is the best ride possible on any of my bikes, all will run faster but if I wanted to go faster I’d own a motorcycle. Unless I upgraded wheels and tires to motorcycle types meant for speeds higher than that I would be risking a lot. I ain’t as good as I once was at getting over injuries, the dirt bike crash in 2008 almost got me.

Ah Shawnandkate8, I totally agree with you. I got into this as a retirement project. Needed some exercise (even with some old injuries), but love all things technical. Even with a driver's license and a car sitting in the driveway, I love the fresh air, the smell of the oil, the feeling of my legs bringing this simple engine to life. Even the maintenance at the end of the day, check all the bolts and the spokes, wipe off the grease and oil, a labour of love. I too wanted speed, natural in a guy, but with age comes experience. I know those spokes and tubes and lightly greased bearings are not meant for a pothole at 50mph. Years of dual purpose bikes also taught me what it feels like to hit the ground at 50mph. At this age I don't need that pain. It is a great sport.
It's been over a year since we have seen you Steve...You've been missed here in the forums...lol...DAMIEN

Ps...My family on my father's side were originally from "Novie"...Halifax.

It's been over a year since we have seen you Steve...You've been missed here in the forums...lol...DAMIEN

Ps...My family on my father's side were originally from "Novie"...Halifax.
Have been busy, teaching, farming, as well as rebuilding tractors and backhoes and putting them to use. I want to get back to tinkering and riding these wonderful machines. This forum is a place of joy! So many good people.

Ah Shawnandkate8, I totally agree with you. I got into this as a retirement project. Needed some exercise (even with some old injuries), but love all things technical. Even with a driver's license and a car sitting in the driveway, I love the fresh air, the smell of the oil, the feeling of my legs bringing this simple engine to life. Even the maintenance at the end of the day, check all the bolts and the spokes, wipe off the grease and oil, a labour of love. I too wanted speed, natural in a guy, but with age comes experience. I know those spokes and tubes and lightly greased bearings are not meant for a pothole at 50mph. Years of dual purpose bikes also taught me what it feels like to hit the ground at 50mph. At this age I don't need that pain. It is a great sport.
Wow Steve it's been awhile brother! Glad to hear from you and hope your doing well! These engines are great for keeping me busy and still working with 2t's as dirt bikes and such are getting pretty expensive of late, and being so cheap allows us to play around and see what they can do without going broke so that has allways been the major attraction for me.
Any luck/results with a dyno yet? I'm still trying to find a roller and it's not easy but still wanna get it done.

Wow Steve it's been awhile brother! Glad to hear from you and hope your doing well! These engines are great for keeping me busy and still working with 2t's as dirt bikes and such are getting pretty expensive of late, and being so cheap allows us to play around and see what they can do without going broke so that has allways been the major attraction for me.
Any luck/results with a dyno yet? I'm still trying to find a roller and it's not easy but still wanna get it done.
This guy made a simple dyno, maybe a couple ideas for you.

This guy made a simple dyno, maybe a couple ideas for you.

Yeah I've seen this but TY, I'm doing chassis/inertia dyno for at the wheel hp and then any bike could be checked on it. I have most of the stuff needed but am having a hard time finding the roller/flywheel and can't afford to just go buy one as they are crazy expensive and shipping it LOL, no I'll keep looking and hoping I'll find one sometime.

Yeah I've seen this but TY, I'm doing chassis/inertia dyno for at the wheel hp and then any bike could be checked on it. I have most of the stuff needed but am having a hard time finding the roller/flywheel and can't afford to just go buy one as they are crazy expensive and shipping it LOL, no I'll keep looking and hoping I'll find one sometime.
What kinda wheel dyno you building? One using a water pump with shaft thru roller hooked to the water pump? I know I'm off topic a bit, but sounds interesting. High horsepower=top speed! I used to run a dyno jet wheel dyno for semi-truck, nothing like 1000hp & 8 wheels strapped down & putting a load against it pulling the guts out of it.

What kinda wheel dyno you building? One using a water pump with shaft thru roller hooked to the water pump? I know I'm off topic a bit, but sounds interesting. High horsepower=top speed! I used to run a dyno jet wheel dyno for semi-truck, nothing like 1000hp & 8 wheels strapped down & putting a load against it pulling the guts out of it.
Simple inertia dyno using the rollers weight and rpm with arduino.

So what's needed for a roller? Size, width, & weight of the roller needed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back