Top Speed

Discussion in 'Performance Mods' started by Snarfu, Jul 8, 2012.

1. Rico glover

Rico glover Member

<
  2. 45u

45u Active Member

My eBay motor with my big 220 pound butt on it goes around 35 on flat ground.

Neufcruz likes this.
  3. 45u

45u Active Member

I tried re-torque the head with the aluminum gasket for over 2 gallons and was always loose after a ride and cooled. All I did was go to a copper gasket and after re torquing one time have not had a problem since. All so you can use the copper gaskets over and over and over and over all you have to do is anneal them.

4. Neufcruz

Neufcruz Member

Or as long as you don't overgear! If you don't have the power to pull a tall gear them your defeating the purpose. Some think you can simply change your gears and go as fast as the gear allows. No so!

5. Neufcruz

Neufcruz Member

Kc,
    Read your post wrong. Thought you were talking about only changing drive gears and not an actual shifting gears. I should have taken your advice from the start and went with gears. Now I'm onto the next project(electric build)

Mike

6. KCvale

KCvale Motorized Bicycle Vendor

No worries Mike, hide sight is always 100%.
    What some foresight for doing an Electric?

Gears.
    I haven't build a single Electric direct drive and never will.

Heck, its not easier but it beats the hell out of any single speed hub motor drive.
    If you sort my KC's Builds link and sort my Electric motor you will see what I mean.
    http://kcsbikes.com/KCsBuilds.asp?motor=Electric&Drive=All

That will give you some foresight and the choice is up to your wallet.

Funny electrics come up just now, I am about to start on a ~1KW electric 7-speed shifting recumbent 'rocket sled' build but that is for another topic ;-}

7. 45u

45u Active Member

Yep there is such a thing as over gearing where you go slower with a taller gear then a smaller one.

8. KCvale

Exactly, like anything you pick the gear you want for the current condition.

9. Neufcruz

Neufcruz Member

Kc,
    I budgeted $1k for the project it lets say was given $1k to see what I can build. They wanted for me to build something as cool as my last motored project. I think it's going yo come out pretty neat but only if Zi can build the battery that I need and most important part make the battery case (in the center frame) look unique. Something like the cases in the vintage electric cycles( I think that's there name).
    These batteries us what will bankrupt you do if I can do a DIY then I can come in under budget. Could of done way easier and cheaper if I just bought a complete bike and just swapped the rear hub but as I mentioned, I wan this to be a little different. Just received my front rim (edited so I could atch rest) pretty good match. Waiting on my crank and headset and derailer to Finnish before I start the battery. Might be pug king your brain now that I see you are building some sick electrics as well.
    Mike

10. KCvale

I hope you build meets both your 'Wants and Needs' bud.
    That's all that really matters, but few actually get it seems.

I suggest that if it comes out not meeting yours, pass it on to someone that meets their current 'Wants and Needs' perfectly, and then just keep building until you do find the 'Perfect Build for YOU'.

11. Rico glover

Rico glover Member

@bakaneko it's a 90cc semi 4 speed. I if I lifted my leg off the pedal and shifting to the next gear I'm in the process of upgrading the motor to a 125.

12. bakaneko

bakaneko Active Member

you got the bike i want, m8. :D did you have to register it as a moped or motorcycle?

13. Rico glover

Rico glover Member

@bakaneko neither of the two. In my city
    (Miami,Florida) the police really don't care unless you're doing something really stupid. All in all no problem with law enforcement.

14. Diamond Back

Diamond Back Member

WITH ALL THOSE MODS AND GOOD PARTS YOU SHOULD BE DOING 50MPH AND HAVE LOADS OF POWER ALL OVER .. ??? WHY NOT ???

did you ever window your piston and put the third port in.?? your hurting your engine if all you did was screw the reeds in..!!
    and the jackshaft kit should make your bike slow with power or very fast in top end,,, flat road
    you should read JAGUAR's DRAGONFLY75 pages front to back twice,,,,you will go faster cheaper the right way,,,serious

15. Chriskelly

Chriskelly New Member

My top speed since adjustment to the stock jet is 37 mph but is still a work in progress looking to redline at 45 mph and cruise at a comfortable 30,i ride a single track road so the extra speed is to make it to the next passing place before the cars get to close! Pesky four wheelers always spoil my fun

16. Rico glover

Rico glover Member

125cc 4 stroke engine on a beachcruiser top speed idk it does 65 in third gear at about 8000 rpm so only god knows how fast this thing is.

Bufu racing#1 likes this.
  17. JakeBayCity

JakeBayCity New Member

Wow thats a beautiful bike but be carefull! Is It a custom or was It a kit that you mounted?

18. jaguar

jaguar Well-Known Member

19. Rico glover

Rico glover Member

20. JakeBayCity

JakeBayCity New Member

Very Nice you did a great Job