Top Speed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lord I,m getting old I know.40 to 50 mph sounds alittle fast for a bicycle for sure.When I was young
I campained a Jr fuel dragster to over 190 mph at a high 7 sec et.That was very good for the day.
Now I have my first motorized bicycle that maybe hits 28 mph & I know beong that would scare
the you know what out of me, (Wink).Times change as we get older & wiser I might add.

You boys have fun getting all you can from those. Fly:rolleyes:

Top speed.

I'm a 55 year young lady kinda tomboy !!!! This is waaaayyy to fast! Can it be tempered down some. I have a 50cc scooter and I can handle that.,,,, but this needs to slow down for me. Is there help for this middle aged mom who can't grow up?

Just like the throttle in your car, you can adjust the speed on a M/B.....Nothing says you have to ride faster than your comfort zone.

Just like the throttle in your car, you can adjust the speed on a M/B.....Nothing says you have to ride faster than your comfort zone.

that's what I always tell people, they say I'm crazy for riding a bike that can do 50, I tell them they're crazy for driving a car that can do 120. for whatever reason they just don't realize that I don't have to go full throttle if I don't want to.

that's what I always tell people, they say I'm crazy for riding a bike that can do 50, I tell them they're crazy for driving a car that can do 120. for whatever reason they just don't realize that I don't have to go full throttle if I don't want to.

Bang on, Brute!
You don't drive your car around with your foot flat to the floor and then complain the car is unsafe/too fast? Throttle control is the key word here, if you don't have a good handle on it (excuse the pun) then perhaps you need to practice or change vehicle.

I'm a 55 year young lady kinda tomboy !!!! This is waaaayyy to fast! Can it be tempered down some. I have a 50cc scooter and I can handle that.,,,, but this needs to slow down for me. Is there help for this middle aged mom who can't grow up?

Frankly your post smells like bacon at any rate.

My un-disassembled Dax Gen IV 66 (no porting or grinding) and a 40 tooth on a 29 with my big wide 260 pound self sitting straight up can always reach 26 or 27. Yesterday we caught a nice tailwind and it broke the 30 barrier! I was all surprised, I think it is finally getting broken in. It has taken forever because of the tall gearing, with an offset manifold and my large butt on it it never gets to rev high enough to seat the rings right.
It's got an HD Lightning and a SHA clone carb, a Tomos moped air filter, and slightly modded muffler. The engine is pure Dax, untouched.
It hit 30.7 according to my cheapo speedo.
I don't have a gps but it ain't really important to me anyway.
I think it runs good.
Checking it for top speed is just a way to see if it's running right.
I ride it between 17-24 mph most of the time, and let the neighborhood dogs keep up for a while.

hitting 50mph on my skyhawk. lots of engine work on a 38mm gt5,and a 34 tooth sprocket.goin for 70 soon, got a frankenstein motor in the works, all china girl.
lots of american made parts, and italian,german,and japanese bearings all in this baby.

67 mph on gas 70mph on alky ... any questions?? :) bufu #1
only one question. did you know that alcohol has a lower energy density than gasoline?

your s**t would be believable if you were running an ecu controlled forced induction motor, but that's just not how it works with a naturally aspirated gasoline 2 stroke. not to mention straight alcohol doesn't stay mixed with 2 stroke oil long enough to run a tank through it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back