Top Speed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Flat i can pull 30mph slight decline 35mph 44t sprocket

I'm running a totally stock 69cc (47mm X 40mm) generic china girl from an eBay seller, mounted on an old Murray Monterrey cruiser. 10T/44T, 26"x2.125" tires, stock kit exhaust. (EDIT: I believe this is A-80, Long Rod, "B" piston configuration - not confirmed yet.)
I was verifying my speedometer today with GPS and on the flats it will run to 38 mph, at which point the vibration becomes unnerving, and I slow down.
That's just over 8K rpm. At 30 mph (6.5K) it's pretty smooth.

Last edited:
I'm running a totally stock 69cc (47mm X 40mm) generic china girl from an eBay seller, mounted on an old Murray Monterrey cruiser. 10T/44T, 26"x2.125" tires, stock kit exhaust.
I was verifying my speedometer today with GPS and on the flats it will run to 38 mph, at which point the vibration becomes unnerving, and I slow down.
That's just over 8K rpm. At 30 mph (6.5K) it's pretty smooth.
Nice Speed :)

on my next bike im going to sell im putting a 36 tooth on it i always wanted to try a 36t on the road

Nice Speed :)
Thanks. I've had very little to do with it, other than a reasonably careful installation. I'm very happy with how well it manages the hills in my area of north Georgia. And it's more than fast enough for the frame it's built on.

get that with a 36T 33T i was over 50 . 28T ? waitin for the MSX race top kit maybe a 26 T also also picked up a trail-tec vapor computer, rpm,spd ,cyl temp max spd also have the gps speedo app for my Iphone kit coming fr Italy in first part of dec ill make a run we'll see, get a smaller pilot,, 70's, if its cls ill go for IT have whole new build around the GT LTS-1 and the alloy tank frame full susp race egokiller imag gettin spanked by a AARP member yep,,, ol fart
The MXS cylinder's sport/race are designed for use with a centrifugal clutch and a variator and don't perform well down low,these cylinders don't start to make torque until 6-7k with it's peak power at 9.5-11.5 k.That said they dont work well loaded up and wont be turning a 26t gear,not if you want to make use of it's intended power range.Here a dyno graph showing the 70cc Minarelli/Piaggio engine with the variator removed and a fixed gear,this is actually to show the difference in pipes but is a good indicator of our setup types vs the variator,I'll show you that one aswell!
yasuni-power-graphs.png

mxs-kit-cylindre-70cc-sport-dyno sheet.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back