Top Speed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fabian -

I like the graphical speedometer. My crutches would start around 24 mph / 40 kmph, maybe wheelchair at 60 kmph.

My max speed? Don't know and don't have a need to find out. I limit myself to 30 mph / 48 kmph. Per calculation on a spreadsheet, I could do twice that speed.

But I enjoy staying in one piece. . . .

MikeJ

Have to agree with you Mike.

Because i'm always towing a lot of weight, my general medium speed is around 18 mph and maybe another 5 or 6 mph downhill. I need to give myself room to brake with the extra weight.

Staying in one piece is the key to staying alive!

My Huasheng and 5:1 4G on SBP kit tops out about 35-38MPH, depending on wind and what I'm wearing. My top gear ratio is about 15.3:1. HP peak is at 35MPH, redline is 40.

I usually cruise 20-29, but when I get a nice tailwind I find myself cruising about 32 or 33MPH.

Edit: I just noticed this is in the 2-stroke section. Oops!

I managed 42MPH on 2 different bikes with 2 different chinagirls using the same 34T sprocket.
My 4-stroke bike had a 2-stroke in it once, just a 44T sprocket tho. I never pushed it over 28.

Last edited:
A little search in the archives will this covered many, many times.

my 66 managed 46 kph a couple weeks ago,after 1/2 hour ride (still in break in mode)
i had to crack it open on a little downslope past my house,i was cruisin.
this is on gravel,btw.i dont get much pavement driving.

Motobecane 400ht w/ custom GEBE style belt drive

I've built my own Zenoah 30cc lh/rc hybrid with a walbro 257 HP carb/ ada filter and an old crusty ADA s2 pipe and i cruise at 25, 35 is no problem and 40 is possible if i pedal really fast. I run a 14t pinion sprocket and a velocity built HD wheel from gebe.

I like to cruise at 25/26 on either of my bikes, my op with the gt2b grubee 48cc and 44t rear sprocket does 32on flat ground. My crandbrook with the bgf48cc and 41t sprocket does 31, I have ported both and trimmed the piston skirt on the bgf.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back