top speed

Thanks RdKryton, looks like I'll open up the restrictor and put the 90mm clutch on and see what happens. I've been lurking around here for awhile and have read about some of the engine upgrades that are avalible. I would like to do some of them, if not all of them! at some point after the engine is good and broke in. Any info on types of upgrades and pricing would be great.
Thanks again

Hi ren I would increase your compression as Quintion mentioned .070 will work very nice the new new ne5 baffle is a more open flow system (not like the old ones) And then run the 90mm ..Hope this help Bill Green Vancouver Whizzer

Top speed update

Just wanted to update everyone that helped me with getting more torque from my NE5. You folks are great. I opened up the restrictor and put the 90mm auto clutch back on. Am amazed at the addition torque it makes, and I got my top speed back. I live in a small town of about 9000 pop. and am the only owner of a Whizzer that is ridden. Iv'e been told there is a guy with an original one, don't know what year or model, but haven't ben able to verify that. So I'm on my own for learning about these wonderful machines. That's where you guys come in, thanks so much. Also I'm going to buy a modified head form Quenton when they become avalible and install that. Can't wait!
Thanks again everyone.

I'm glad you got the results you were looking for. When I first arrived here on these boards, I knew very little about Whizzers. Quenton, MotorbikeMike, and Bill Green have taught me a lot about Whizzers. These guys are great and will always answer your questions. The search feature here works very well and you may find your answers without even asking the question. That's a cool thing. Have fun and think warm.

Jim

P.S. Thanks for posting your results.

Back