Torque Converter

D

dr_clabo

TORQUE CONVERTER

1106_a8d5_1_2.jpg

Sorry -

I am not selling these by any means....

Has anybody gave any consideration to hooking one up?

Might make take-off a breeze and easier for some to handle at the lower speeds.

One of the considerations for me is doing a "his & her" type build.
Call it a generation thing or even sexist, but the majority of guys I know have some moto experience (even if only mini-bike or mini-trail type) and the majority of the [their] women do not.

When you have 5 cables coming off the bars with 5 different functions, it can be confusing at the beginning. Pulling in the clutch, locking, operating front & rear brake, etc.

For the lesser experienced [moto] riders, this might mellow-out the experience per se.

In summary, has anybody even considered intergrating a torque converter into their mechanism?

the first post being so vague, i have to admit some confusion on my part, so i moved it into "parts", but now i see the desire to discuss application, so back it goes into general discussion.

my mind (my imagination has no budgetary limitations) has been "installing" that converter on some pretty mean rides...i'd sure like to see where this topic goes.

sure like to see where this topic goes.

Yes, indeed.

The reason I come up with some of these ideas and concepts and post them as such, is that I am a hobbyist / enthusiast at best. That is, I have other irons in the fire with regard to time.

I post some the crazy stuff for those slightly more dedicated to the outer limits of these neat little rides. For those that have a CnC lathe or a welder or more importantly, the time to tinker with the more outlandish concepts.

Right ! Exactly ! Let's see where this one will take us !

:)

~DC~

The only prob I see is getting the thing started.

A centrifugal clutch would be a lot easier to install, and lighter too. Plus if you mounted one from a Honda 70 or 90, you could bump start the bike but after it starts the clutch lets go until you give 'er some gas.

Plus if you mounted one from a Honda 70 or 90, you could bump start the bike but after it starts the clutch lets go

Ah - Ha ! now you are onto something !

Better than the 2 speed constant mesh tranny previously mentioned.

Keep it cookin' guys !!!!!!!

~DC~

Back