Sport moped exhaust on 66cc (Build thread)

Ah, okay. Thanks.
Well I'll report back here. Again, 1 month shipping from china... so yeah. I'll be finishing up my exhaust, and the bike itself. I didn't use the kit for like 4 months, so I'm going over everything.

Hello, I'm back.

I installed everything again, but can't get the motor running. I bought 100 octane gas, did a 25:1 fuel oil mix, and it just doesn't run. I'm choking it.
For some reason, the fuel tank is not letting gas flow down to the carb. It's in the open position. Hardly any fuel went down the line. May be a carb issue.

But when I tried starting it with the pull start, some weird brown-ish liquid ran out of the engine. I hope it's not some kind of water in the crank case... Not much was comming out, 5-10 drops.

Did you try without the choke? Where on the engine was the brown liquid coming from? The petcock on the tank could be defective or the filter on it could be plugged. What carb did you put on it?

Stock carb. Petcock should be working, I had this one before. It's my old engine with 100 kilometers on it. I did try without the choke. The brown liquid was comming from the exhaust. Stock exhaust with muffler part off

It's currently 45 degrees CELSIUS outside in the sun, so I am not holding out very well...

Brown liquid is probably just condensation in the pipe. Lol you won't need the choke at 45°, I'm surprised you haven't melted. We don't get that hot here mid to low 30's in the summer altho this year has been cool so far. The problem here is that it's really humid so thirty on a humid day could feel like 40. Its yucky lol. I would just make sure the Petcock is working properly and isnt plugged. You say is your old kit something could have gotten in there while sitting. I'd clean it out and the carb and make sure all your connections are tight and no leaks and try again.

I have a 65 jet wich should be lean enough.

Everything was cleaned out a few days ago with paint thinner.
Also the petcock is flowing, tested by water.

The fuel line is hardly filling, maybe 2 centimeters of fuel in it.

I did wash the whole bike with a pressure washer like a month ago. without exhaust, or carb, or CDI, or the intake manifold on. But the piston was at a point where it was blocking every port

take the spark plug out over night or at least a few hours bcs I'm thinking it's flooded. can't flow because it has enough until it's running few mins.
you could also drain the bowl from the fuel bowl then you'd see it flow as the bowl fills

I'm not quite sure what you just said....

I'm gonna take the spark plug out, but try starting it again without choke

Back