Sport moped exhaust on 66cc (Build thread)

The fuel system is gravity feed and very easy to check.pull the fuel line off the carb inlet and turn on petcock if fuel runs out it's good.Next take fuel bowl off carb and with the fuel line back on the inlet turn on petcock,if it flows your good.Last would be the jet it's self remove it hold up to light and check that it's opened if so you're getting fuel.If after a few try's to start the plug is wet then it's getting fuel,tank venting can be an issue that will stop fuel flow also.If turning on the petcock has no flow with an open end line then the filter and petcock valve should be cleaned out and re checked for flow until it does.If the fuel runs thru the petcock ok to the carb but not thru it the shut off valve and it's orifice should be cleaned and re checked for flow,if the jet is clogged and you can't see light thru it then use a fine needle or micro bits to clear it out,all of this wouldn't take more than an hour to do.

Back. It's getting fuel. I tested, theres fuel in the bowl, it flows, everything fine. On the other hand...
I took off the cylinder. The whole cylinder. There's a bit of blow by on the piston. Not much. But... Everything's covered in a thick, brown, watery substance. Like oil, but not as brown as oil... I filled the crakcase up with paint thinner, to wash it out... and then... When I started spinning the crank, it started FLOWING out of the CDI, but not the CDI case but the wires....

Can I replace it without opening the case?
If not how hard is it? Can I do it at home?

Can that cause me to not be able to start it?
also what can that brown liquid be

If a drop of it dries in half an hour then leaves dry brown powdery residue, it's rusty water.
The crank seal is very easy to replace. It might be possible to use the same one. The flooded case could have caused the seal to be pushed out..?
I don't know what condition your bearings will be in; but I guess it's not a problem until it's a problem. :coffee::whistle:

I do have some spare bearings from both my 49cc and the extra cylinder and piston kit I ordered.

Does anyone have a good, CLEAR video on how to replace the crank seal?
I did fill it to the brim with pain thinner, and then start spinning it... That's when it started leaking.

LOL that exhaust. Okay, thank you. I'll watch this and try to fix it. I may end up having to order a seal!

Back