Torque specs

R

ren

I'm going to be doing some mods in the near future and would like to know what the torque specs and pattern are for the side cover and compression cover bolts.

Thanks

Hi Ren, Which motor do you have? The torque is different on the side cover because some motors use phillips, and some use allen screws.

Whizzer OuterBanks LTD
A North Carolina Corporation
Quenton

Hi Ren,
Side cover allen screws 36 inch pounds, compression cover bolts 70 inch pounds.
Flywheel bolt 360 inch pounds, NE head bolts 168 to 175 inch pounds[8 MM bolt]- 210 inch pounds [10 MM bolt], exhaust manifold bolt 75 to 80 inch pounds. If you don't have an inch pound torque wrench, but are using a foot pound version, simply divide by 12. Always torque bolts cold, never hot. I always start at a lower number when working in aluminum and work my way up to the final values.
Hope this helps.

Have fun,
Whizzer OuterBanks LTD
A North Carolina Corporation
Quenton

Thanks Quenton, I'm going to be putting the modified head on and the mushroom lifters in that I purshed from you awhile back. Are there any other torque values I should know for this project? By the way I will be removing the motor from the bike to do this.

Since that last post was such an early date im gonna ask..for a china girl 66cc what is the torque numbers and im sure they are aluminum bolts. Thanks

Back