Torque?

My engine is stock in this way.... i didnt ungoverned it. It came like that... I have the older model of huasheng that didnt have governer.
Talking about this model with an unloaded RPM of 8500? https://www.gasbike.net/products/huasheng-49cc-with-centrifugal-clutch-engine-only-4-stroke

That's interesting for sure, but there is another problem then with your argument.

It makes a bit less torque. 2.0NM = 1.475ft-lbs at 4500 rpm

Unfortunately in the 2 stroke world, the power claims are all over the place, but I have seen some small engine dynos of a couple of 48cc 2 strokes actually setup and tuned decently averaging 1.5-2hp and 2-2.5ft-lbs on stock carbs and exhausts. No pipes, no port work, no bigger carbs. Just decent quality stock engines. The only difference was the 2 strokes peaked hp and torque higher in the RPM range, so down low the 4 stroke would pull stronger off the start, which does line up well with what most of us know about these engines.

I, for one, believe this. Anybody familiar with tuned 2 strokes knows how the torque comes in when you hit the powerband of the engine. An 85cc 2 stroke KX will power weelie with a full grown adult in the saddle once it hits about 7000rpm, and below that... kinda sluggish.

Back