Torques' Golden Eagle

Here are some pictures taken yesterday. This is my Kustom Kruiser Glide Deluxe. This engine drives the bike: Suburu Robin EHO35. My first gas mileage results netted me 174 mpg.

Here are updated pics:

92_CIMG3455_1.jpg

92_CIMG3456_1.jpg

92_CIMG3457_1.jpg

92_CIMG3461_1.jpg

Torques said:
DougC said:
Ummm,,, does that U-lock have flat keys, or round ones? In many instances the old style barrel locks can be opened with a bic pen, if you have not heard....
~

Uh, I have the barrel key. It can be picked that easy? Maybe I should try doing it to see.

Yes, it can be picked very easily.
There was something of a scandal some time back, when it became publicly known that an ordinary bic pen could open most barrel-key locks. Most-all the big bike forums online had sticky threads about it. There's videos online showing people doing it; depending on how much the lock has been used, a pen can open it almost as fast as the key can.
Google search: http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=kryptonite+locks+bic+pen&btnG=Google+Search
There's a sticky thread on bikeforums.net, in the "general cycling discussion" forum: http://www.bikeforums.net/

Kryptonite has switched to a new style of flat key. If you have an original Kryptonite with a barrel lock and tubular keys, there was an exchange program that might still be in effect, or they might give you partial credit for whatever you trade in.

All regular barrel locks are susceptible to this hack, except for the MasterLock Street Cuffs. Although what these have looks like a barrel lock, it is technically different enough that the pen trick will not work.

-----------

What I found most interesting about the whole tubular lock/bic pen event was that a couple years before this happened, the vending machine locks on the vending machines where I work were changed from barrel locks (which they had all used for a number of years) to a newer different type. This type has a circular face that fits flush with the lock's face, and a series of pin holes in a circle.

.....My bet would be that the reason that these locks all got changed was that vending machine industry had known for some time that people had found a way to get barrel locks open quickly and easily without any visible damage. They may not have known how it was being done, but I'd bet they certainly knew it was happening.

(-I cannot figure out what this newer type of lock is named, so I'll have to go snap a picture of it and ask around-).
~

You know what would be a cool MB.com sticker?

Re: locks and lock pickers.....

Small, about the size of a banana sticker.

"Stealing this bike is horse-theft, hangin' is the penalty"

or

"Owner of this bike will fully prosecute GRAND theft"

or

"Pics of this bike are on MotoredBikes.com, theft is pursued vigourously"

By the way - Torque and Doug

5 screws hold that motor cover on, and since you are getting "the look", you can change the yellow motor by getting a small can of that Auto Paint Spray at a detailer/parts store.

One small can, 50 colors available........

bamabikeguy said:
Nomination- The Orange Cruiser GEBE of the MONTH !!

Cutting away that back fender was the hassle that led me to those Sun's with the half fenders.

Yours look a lot cleaner.

I don't know if it's old style or not although it is a barrel key. There is no way to insert a Bic pen in there. The slot is too small.

bamabikeguy said:
By the way - Torque and Doug

5 screws hold that motor cover on, and since you are getting "the look", you can change the yellow motor by getting a small can of that Auto Paint Spray at a detailer/parts store.

One small can, 50 colors available........

I like that idea and would appreciate thoughts on what color I should repaint it, thanks.

I like that idea and would appreciate thoughts on what color I should repaint it, thanks.

NO WAY, would I interfere with artistic talent (though even "black" would give it a tiger kinda motif).......

Orange on orange would be a little fruity, but the bike has that Checkered Cab type flavor.....

I absolutely agree with you, orange would be too much. I asked my wife last night about a color, I was thinking black like this:
92_CIMG2594_1.jpg

Thanks for the ideas.

Last night, I painted the engine cover black. I will post up new pictures as soon as I can.

Painted engine cover

I painted the engine cover from that off-yellow color to black. I think it looks better than before.
92_CIMG3538_1.jpg

92_CIMG3535_1.jpg

92_CIMG3541_1.jpg

92_CIMG3543_1.jpg

92_CIMG3545_1.jpg

92_CIMG3539_1.jpg

92_CIMG3534_1.jpg

Back