torquing down head bolts on 66cc hlp

Any there ya have it....

IMAG1336.jpg

could be fixed, just knock the rest of that metal out and wipe some jb-weld into the hole

what's amazing about this whole thread is the number of folks that believe double-nutting or locktite or any other thing is going to keep these cheap chinese steel bolts from stretching & leaving the nuts loose after they've stretched

what's amazing about this whole thread is the number of folks that believe double-nutting or locktite or any other thing is going to keep these cheap chinese steel bolts from stretching & leaving the nuts loose after they've stretched

I've had major issues with the studs stretching on high performance builds. one bike in particular which revved to just past 10,000 RPM would get about 10 minutes of run time before I had to retorque it. I ended up throwing some stainless threaded rod in there instead of the cheapo chinese crap it came with

Here is my newest experiment...

I used red locktight and double nut on the stud at 100mm, as you can see in pic. These got tightenned to just over 18ft lb and let dry.

The copper washers were amazing idea.

I really like this setup so far, tighten the bolts on bike at 12ft lbs. Makes working on my top end much easier too
IMAG1337.jpg

Here is my newest experiment...

I used red locktight and double nut on the stud at 100mm, as you can see in pic. These got tightenned to just over 18ft lb and let dry.

The copper washers were amazing idea.

I really like this setup so far, tighten the bolts on bike at 12ft lbs. Makes working on my top end much easier too
View attachment 58658

Attachments

• IMAG1337.jpg
    IMAG1337.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 135
Back