Tossing around some ideas.

I just wish they had a better option for strength.
I chose the three spoke mags even though I like the look of the multi-spoked ones, specifically for the much more robust strength of the 3 spoke wheels.

Much better and more expansive rim contact which IS their strength over the mult-spoke mags.

Also even with my weight and the weight of the bike, the axles and bearings are holding up extremely well plus they come with the disk brakes and rotor setup as well as the 36 tooth sprocket.

I chose the three spoke mags even though I like the look of the multi-spoked ones specifically for the much more robust strength of the 3 spoke wheels.

Much better and more expansive rim contact which IS their strength over the mult-spoke mags.

Also even with my weight and the weight of the bike, the axles and bearings are holding up extremely well plus they come with the disk brakes and rotor setup as well as the 36 tooth sprocket.
I meant a better option outside of the 3 spokes lol

I like my Hyper Cruiser frame.

One word of warning if you're considering rim brakes on the rear. The cross-brace that you would normally use for rim brakes already has holes... 90 degrees from where you want them... as they are used to mount the fenders on the stock bicycle. If you want to use it for rim brakes, you are going to likely want to fill in those holes with some steel before you drill 90 degrees off from them for the rim brakes.

If you decide to go disc brakes you WILL need to stretch the frame a bit. Not a huge issue for a man of your talents however, I am sure.

:D

Mr ImpulseRocket, have you considered a brushless scooter motor like the my1020? The motors are very high speed and low torque but the prices are cheaper than mid drive kits and I've seen power rating as high as 3kw at 72v on the market.

You are one of the reasons I have been looking at it. It may not have a ton of fearures, but it is a solid frame to start from, and that's fine with me. I would at least want a front disc brake and a set of HD wheels. Rear disc would be nice, but I would also be ok with rim out back if I had to.

I mainly want to put that 36 tooth sprocket on a 26 inch wheel. I wanted to run a 40 on my Nazz, but it makes the rear disc an issue, and converting to rim brake isn't viable Due to the mags now, but I also simply can't find a rear rim brake that works. I have tried a.few different options and they are all either just a hair too long, or a bit too short. The length is really goofy from the mount to the rim.

Here is the Hawk by the way. More or less still looks the same.
Love the hawk dual sport. The best of both worlds.

Honestly, the best option would be to sell off the Hawk and get a Honda navi.

110cc, scooter transmission, still do 50-55 mph, and brand new from the dealer (without any markups, and DO NOT PAY THOSE BASTARDS ANY) would be around 2400 or so with tax.

You could also look for a used motorcycle (Just stick to anything Japanese) for around 1800 you can find a older cruiser or a dual sport that will serve you well for a long period of time.

I going to chime in, I'm new to this ebike game as of 8:32 this morning. But for $1100-$1300 you could buy the NB power 3000watt kit & that would include a 29ah 72 volt battery with LG 4800 or 21700 cells. If a guy goes to a Lower voltage batt, lower overall cost. This kit also includes the sabvoton programmable speed controller, via bluetooth of USB cable. It's a pretty awesome kit. Its offered in a 20" or 26" version as well.

Back