totally new!!!

howry

Local time
6:59 AM
hey there ppl!
recently my bike was vandalized and i cant do anything with that. after talking to a friend he showed me motored bikes and it just amazed me!!!! i decided to take it as a project! but got the most important question in the world :
how can i choose the right bike for this project? i mean whats the right size of bike for the motor kits? cuz i got a nice 24". plz guys explain to me if its a standard size? or you can fit the kit into small bikes<v style bike>.

My understanding of requirements are thus...
Inside the frame, from peddles upward and from pedals up towards the handlebars you need about 15" X 15", which in my case was more than adequete. If the motor does not fit, do not worry. These people will love to help you make it work. Here is some help from Powerkingshop on ebay...
http://www.zoombicycles.com/images/stories/faqs/spacerequirement.jpg
http://www.zoombicycles.com/downloads/engine-template.jpg

The wider tires give a better ride. Probably not too important on pavement but on gravel, quite important.

Look for posture arrangement. For me, an older guy, My hands hurt when leaning out over the handlebars and thus not supporing my weight as much on my butt.

Thats the most important things to me. But with patience you can put a motor on any shape or size of bike.

Last edited:
I managed to squeeze a happy time engine into a 24" beach cruiser. It was tight and there was no room to spare.

I doubt if you could get one into a 24" mountain bike.

Look through the photo gallery. Seems like there are a lot of successful 24" motorbikes.

my new idea and not that expensive bike....

after going threw this website i have no words to describe the beauty of motorized bikes so i decided to take someones idea or copy his project and make the same. so here it goes : 1 chopper bike this one : http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l138/darkshadow_08/chopper.jpg
and this motorized kit : http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190320663871&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT....
my question for now is will it go fast? cuz of the big tire. and im wondering how the hack am i going to put the disk on the back tire for the motor.

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
I put an HT in the rear triangle of a 24" ladies Huffy I am doing a trike conversion on, with a jackshaft behind it. Now, obviously, I don't have a rear wheel in that triangle, but the engine fit (once I spread the top bars of the rear triangle to let the cylinder head stick up between them).

I'm still working on that project - my biggest stumbling block is I need two 24" wheels with heavy gauge spokes and a 3/4" through hub that is keyed. I have just about concluded that I'm going to have to fabricate the hubs myself. Plus, I need some sprockets - 4 of them of the same size with right and left threaded freewheels on two, the other two being center cut out to mount to the spoke flanges of a Shimano 3-speed hub.

I'll get there one of these days, if my medical bills allow it.

i bought the chopper, so will see what will happen, but as i see now it got space

brief caution on using the zoombicycles template!

I got my stuff from ZOOM, no complaints at all----great customer service and pronto delivery.

Just be aware---I had seen the frame specs and then I went and bought a bike. A really cool bike at a decent price from an interesting fellow on Craig's list. Didn't have the frame spec on me or memorized, but that schwinn was just so cool---screaming out "MOTORIZE ME DADDY!"

Next day I discovered the engine photo on Zoom and scaled it up. DOH!!!!! the motor won't fit inside the frame. RATS. Off to my local Kmart, picture in hand and I find a decent frame, crappy seat and wheels, but the motor picture fits right in. BINGO. Next day my motor arrives right on schedule and the shop goes into business.

Half way through the build, the engine is in, time to mount the carb, oh boy, getting close now wait til my friends see what daddy built. AWWW CRAAAAPPPP! There is not enough clearance between the seat tube and the intake manifold for the carb with the air filter housing attached. No big deal, bike sprouts its first copper element--a 90 degree street elbow so the carb points off to the starboard side and that cover looks something like the marking on the back of the moth in Silence of the Lambs--ok, no prob.

JUST REMEMBER---if you shop around with either the frame spec or the engine photo---the carb is not on in the photo and you need to take that into account as you build your killer bike in your head.

Oh, yeah, my surfer dude brother was looking for a new beach beater so I took the cheaper wheels and seat of the Chinese bike frame and mounted them on the cool schwinn frame and he was good to go. The Chinese model was an "Upland Beach Cruiser" according to the decal on the front--how's that for oxymoronic marketing?

LIVE TO RIDE SOME MORE--WEAR A HELMET AND EYE PROTECTION WHEN YOU GO.

Back