tough ratchet ideas

redneckracing674

Local time
1:02 PM
what is the toughest bike ratchet around? freewheel, or casette, i dont care. I cracked apart one of those electric scooter ratchets, and the pawls are very thin sheetmetal, wont work. other ideas include some type of motorcycle ratchet (havent found anything yet), or using a big 1 way bearing, and make a hub. they are pretty tough. any ideas??

I was going to suggest White Industries as well. Hope you have a really fat wallet. Even with the WI product it too has it's torque limits. Once you get to a certain power level you'll have to abandon bicycle parts and start using motorcycle/go cart parts.

They make moped freewheels/ratchets, but idk how strong they are. They might be a standard bike freewheel too for all I know.

They make moped freewheels/ratchets, but idk how strong they are. They might be a standard bike freewheel too for all I know.
Most Puch/Tomos-like mopeds have a standard bicycle freewheel as that's only used for starting the bike, the "freewheel" that gets power is the centrifugal clutch inside the motor.

Back