Tourezrick here

T

Tourezrick

Hello, all!

I'm Rick, retired Chicago Public School teacher, retired martial arts instructor, active recumbent bike and trike rider. Am installing a motor hub on my long wheel base Tour Easy, but currently do most of my riding on a HPVelotechnik Scorpion recumbent trike. I put around 3200 miles on the trike, and hope to use the powered TE for errands around the town. Been riding recumbents since '97, trikes since '06.

Mechanical experience as follows - Built my first minibike at age 13, using a Clinton A490 chainsaw engine, was in Army with PMOS (primary military occupation specialty) of 63C30 - aka - tank mechanic, SMOS (secondary mos) was 62B30 and 62C30 (wheeled vehicle and engineer equipment mechanic), and everyone was 11B!
Got into sports cars and raced Alfa Romeos, built three Italian handgrenades before I figured out how to build 8500 rpm engines that would last more than an hour at speed. Had rides in McLaren Mk 1b, but wasn't my car. Just sold my red '69 'vette convert. with stroker motor, don't miss it at all! Can gas, stick and mig weld. Never tried tig, but there's always tomorrow. Can machine, but no access to lathe or mills, probably just as well.

Looking forward to being a member of this forum. Don't know if I'll ever go the gas engine route, did investigate the Golden Eagle setups, but like the quiet stealth of electrics. The motor hub should arrive next week, so be watching for buildup info.

Thanks,

Rick Wasserman

Ya said the majak word. Retired. Welcome to MBc from the Giant Side of Texas!

Back