Town & Country MB commuting

ozzyu812

Local time
6:59 AM
What do you find more enjoyable or safer? Where I'm moving to is 10 to 13 mi away from work and there is 2 routes, one town and one country. Hills aren't to bad as far as NH goes either way. I work 2nd shift so traffic ain't bad on the way to work and non-existent on the way back. I'm currently on 20 MPH (30 MPH soon) electric. What would you do?

Last edited:
hi; i would stick with 20mph in the dark. dont you have moose? 20 not 30. former alaskan. mitch

I saw one moose. On the 1st day in NH, we haven't even got to our destination yet. We passed a moose X-ing sign. Then I asked, "Have you ever seen any moose on this road?" My wife said, "No, I drove this road every day for 2 yrs. while going to college." Not 5 min. later a 400 -500 lb. calf appeared in the road! Didn't hit'em. When we came to a stop he didn't run. He just turned and looked at us. As if to say, "What do you want? Can you see I'm walking here!" Then leisurely strolled off.
At any rate if I was to choose the vehicle to hit a moose in it would be a MB at 30 MPH over motorcycle or car at 60 MPH.
Good point though I hadn't thought of wildlife. We have ALOT of skunks!

Yes definitely a lot of skunks around here for some reason... They love all the tasty trash.
I have two routes to my work as well, one is 34 miles the other is 37. The city drive is down 101a amherst street (ack!) and the other is down rte 119. 101a is shorter but its got about a million businesses and traffic lights and all the retarded drivers that go along with it. I usually only take that route when I know traffic is going to be really light otherwise i save the stop and go wear on my car and keep my BP low by enjoying a curvy scenic drive.
Take both depending on your mood and the traffic situation, it's always good to see a little difference in scenery in your day to day grind.

I only live a few miles from work, but I wish there was a different route I could take rather than through town. Of course I live right in the center of town so that's really not an option. It is a small town, but the traffic in the afternoon is a little scary. About two miles of my commute is on a four lane highway with no shoulder so I'm riding on the white line hoping no one gets close enough to hit me.

I always would rather ride on country roads
being closer to what I wish to call
God's country -- just me and my MB

but - it should be noted
many in the country while backing out from their drive ways
are not expecting a MB coming at fair speed
as my friend found out years back
crippled for life...

my sweet wife while backing out of our country home
has almost backed out in front of MANY APROACHING ONES

Ride That Thing - Mountainman

In the country, I often have the roads to myself. In town, there's all those rules. And a couple of Stop signs.

Back