Exhaust Toyota O/2 sensor gasket as exhaust gasket

DAMIEN1307

Staff member
Local time
7:17 PM
Hi guys...My real expertise is with car and truck mechanics, not M/Bs per say, so bear with me here.

I know i read it here somewhere in the forums that a Toyota O/2 sensor gasket makes for a perfect exhaust gasket on these china girls.

I know that the kit gaskets are garbage from the word get go and mine is just beginning to ooze/leak very slightly, so i want to replace it.

Here are my questions:

First Question...Are these stock pipes universally all the same exhaust on these china girls...does it fit my Zeda 80 ???...mine are not studs with nuts on the end, but are actually Allen head bolts...The whole engine has Allen head bolts on it.

Second question...Would also be along the same lines...My carbie intake appears to be the same exact size and looks to me that i could also, when the need arises, use the same type gasket as well ???, also Allen head bolts.

Third question...I have a buddy from church who is the general manager of our local Toyota dealer where i live...Is there a particular year, make, and model Toyota O/2 sensor gasket i have to ask for or are they ALL universal ???

And i saved this question for last...Most everyone i hear in the forums usually undo the bottom screw and arm wrestle the baffles out in order to de-grease/clean it out...Any reason that anyone could tell me why i cant just take the pipe off...pour degreaser solution in it and plug both ends...shake it around a little and let it sit a while to let it do its job...then drain it out and let it dry out, before putting it back together ???. thanks in advance for answers...DAMIEN

Last edited:
Hi guys...My real expertise is with car and truck mechanics, not M/Bs per say, so bear with me here.

I know i read it here somewhere in the forums that a Toyota O/2 sensor gasket makes for a perfect exhaust gasket.

I know that the kit gaskets are garbage from the word get go and mine is just beginning to ooze/leak very slightly, so i want to replace it.

Here are my questions:

First Question...Are these stock pipes universally all the same exhaust on these china girls...does it fit my Zeda 80 ???...mine are not studs with nuts on the end, but are actually Allen head bolts...The whole engine has Allen head bolts on it.

Second question...Would also be along the same lines...My carbie intake appears to be the same exact size and looks to me that i could also, when the need arises, use the same type gasket as well ???, also Allen head bolts.

Third question...I have a buddy from church who is the general manager of our local Toyota dealer where i live...Is there a particular year, make, and model Toyota O/2 sensor gasket i have to ask for or are they ALL universal ???

And i saved this question for last...Most everyone i hear in the forums usually undo the bottom screw and arm wrestle the baffles out in order to de-grease/clean it out...Any reason that anyone could tell me why i cant just take the pipe off...pour degreaser solution in it and plug both ends...shake it around a little and let it sit a while to let it do its job...then drain it out and let it dry out, before putting it back together ???. thanks in advance for answers...DAMIEN
!. Yes stock pipe will fit the Zeda.

2. Yes the intake and exhaust are both 40mm c to c of fasteners, But the O2 sensor might not work for the intake as the hole is pretty large. Not sure on that one though.

3. Dorman 47021 O2 sensor gasket for 02 toyota highlander

4. No problen flushing the pipe out with degreaser or gas, Just let it dry out good.

Last edited:
But the O2 sensor might not work for the intake as the hole is pretty large.
The Zeda 80 is different than both my former Flying Horse 66/80 and my old Seeutec 66/80...on the old ones, the intake is definitly smaller than the exhaust...the intake and exhaust on the Zeda are both 40 mm...just wanted to know if there could have been any other difference i didnt see...DAMIEN

The Zeda 80 is different than both my former Flying Horse 66/80 and my old Seeutec 66/80...the intake and exhaust are both 40 mm...just wanted to know if there could have been any other difference i didnt see...DAMIEN
Your good with a stock exhaust from any 66, they are all 40mm, But I gave you a wrong part number on the gasket. Ir's 47021. I'll fix it so no one orders a wrong part.

Hopefully, without any dissenting opinions...I will call my buddy tomorrow at work and have a couple of these on my doorstep tomorrow night...lol...Thank you Gary...DAMIEN

Pull the end off the exhaust and blast out the oil with some brake clean.
Ive never had much luck with the previous two builds of ever separating that bottom cap from the muffler...Hence my question of just using an industrial degreaser that i do have on hand...block off both ends after filling it...shake it up like i really mean it...lol...repeat many times...let it sit a while...final shake after a few hours and then pour it out an let it drip dry for about 24 hours...lol...DAMIEN

EDIT...I especially want to do this...If you remember, I had the problem a few months ago with the float having a pin hole leak and filling up causing a major shutdown and i know it probably fouled the exhaust, even though ive probably burned out most by now...just want to clean it out more is all.

Back