Trailers

Sidewinder Jerry

Local time
6:42 PM
Got this cargo trailer off eBay for $109. Used 1/4" plywood to make the sides and used 2×2 for the skeleton.

20210225_180952.jpg

If I was dragging extra weight, I think I would rather have a sidecar attachment that could be used as a "freight hauler" or a small person or dog hauler. Major problem with that is the sidecar throws the "wheel" balance turning off "balance. It also makes the rig wider, a bigger target for a car to hit. And last, nobody makes a decent sidecar at a reasonable price.

If I was dragging extra weight, I think I would rather have a sidecar attachment that could be used as a "freight hauler" or a small person or dog hauler. Major problem with that is the sidecar throws the "wheel" balance turning off "balance. It also makes the rig wider, a bigger target for a car to hit. And last, nobody makes a decent sidecar at a reasonable price.
keep in mind another con with sidecars is that you are wider than the sidewalks, so you are forced to take the road rather than the sidewalk which could be more dangerous.

also, you have more wind resistance means less economy and performance.

but they sure look kewl! but for daily use id totally prefer a trailer.

Back