Trailmate Meteor & Gas Power

PatrickW

In memory of PatrickW 1952 - 2012
Local time
12:21 AM
I don't know if this is a 'new thread' or not. But I have a Trailmate Meteor (Delta w/2o" in the rear, and 16" in front.) I have been enjoying riding it very much...with 21 speeds I seem to do fine. I have lived in SW Florida for 35 years, and have not seen a hill yet<g>. I would like to motorize it to get to and from a great park with about 7 miles of bike trail...I just can't peddle the 'twenty mile or so' distance to and from the park. I have read all of your great suggestions to folks, and have been sort of monitoring this forum for about a month (right Tom?) I would appreciate any help, that anyone can give. I NEED HELP! I DON'T KNOW WHERE TO START! Thank you.

Last edited:
I apologize for all of the 'caps' in my post, I didn't mean to shout. But, sometimes my caps lock sticks.

I don't have a picture of my own, but it is exactly like the one shown on the trailmate site w/21 gears (saphire blue.)

http://www.trailmate.com/product.cfm?proID=61

If you click on the 'owner's manual', it gives you a breakdown of everything...it's actually an assembly guide.<g>

Thank you for your reply.

I would call Dave at staton-inc and he will point you in the right direction. I think if you went with the gearbox and chain drive system you will be very happy. they are bulletproof and guarenteed for life.

You will prolly find yourself not petaling much anymore. hehe.

Trailmatemeteor & 21 speed

Thanks to all of you guys who have given me your time...I have found a way to 'break loose' the additional funds needed...I honestly am on a slightly budgeted pension...money is much tighter than it ever was when I was on the job. I really know what it is like to scrape and pinch.<g> Welcome to the real world...really! But I am always ready to help a friend. I cant stress that enough. Friends come first.!! ((After family, of course)

I Plan to contact Dave at Ataten on Friday, and see what he thinks I need...then work from there. I have stripted the the trike down to the necessities...Oversized water bottle, headlights, and tail lights...and if the State of FL requires, a lic.plate light, and multi Tool Kit w/my lunch.nd dual tail lights...Sound like I have everything covered?

Last edited:
Thanks for the tip, but I've checked with Fl Dmv and they say "as long as you turn off your gas motor and strictly pedal, you are Okay." What I can't get a definitive ruling on, is "Exactly what type of vehicle is this?' The Dmv did not know, the local office refered me to the Regeonel Dmv Office, they said I needed nothing, since it was only a Bike with small Motor--they did say that I could not operate it on the bike trails unless I cut the motor and just peddled...(that is what I want to do).

sounds like you are good to go, if i were you i would ask the DMV for a written statement that way if you ever run into trouble with the local forces you will be covered......

Yup, I'm good to go. After talking to David Staton, I have a Robin-Subaru and Staton Gear Box, etc. on the way. This should work out pretty well. Thanks to everyone for your suggestions and encouragement. I guess that pretty soon I won't be a a 'Newbie' any longer. <g> Prog notes and photos to follow. Progress may be a little slow, but it is hard to work in a garage that is 95 degrees and feels like it is 100.

Back